Dragon Newbie here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zebrasmiles

Hi everyone! My names Justine, and my boyfriend decided he wanted to buy a bearded dragon, so because I don't know a whole lot about them I decided to join this site. I have learned so much already from here! This is our little cutie:
80889-2908939049.jpg

I think he/she is a girl, I tried looking the way I saw online showed me, but I don't know if it's to young to tell or not. We haven't decided on a name yet though, so that's on the check list.

I was wondering if I could ask a couple of questions to the smart dragon owners on here since I can't really seem to find a solid answer. I am not sure on the feeding schedule. I get the salads everyday and what to give it in that, but since it's still a little guy how often am I suppose to feed him/her protein a day. I know once they're older its less, but I don't know about now. I of course don't know the exact age since this was a pet store purchase and I forgot to ask, but you can tell he/shes still young. I heard 2-3 times a day, but I just wanted to get an opinion.

My second question is about the dusting of the multivitamins and the calcium. I read you need both I bought a kit and it came with calcium w/o d3. I also read that I should probably get the w/ d3 kind. But how often are you putting these 2 things in their food?

Thank you so much to anyone that can help me out! Any recommnedations on the brand of powders I need to would be great I am going after work today to buy the rest of our stuff.

80889-9276931104.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She's a nice looking dragon. Very alert and healthy looking. She looks maybe a month old or so but it's hard to tell for sure. She will hit some growth spurts and get VERY hungry in the first few months. For now, I recommend offering bugs 2x per day for about 10 minutes or so or until she loses interest. Just offer all she wants in that timeframe. I dust the bugs every feeding with calcium 5x per week and multivitamins the other 2x. I use Repashy calcium plus and supervite and have good luck with them. There are other good choices available too, but that's what I use.

zebrasmiles

Original Poster
Thank you, I went to the store during my lunch and was able to buy mostly everything but the multivitamins, they didn't have any left so I'll have to check later. That helps a lot though so thank for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom