Dragon head shivers before eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vader500

Hi all and thanks to all who reply . My Male has this shiver around his head when eating like he gets a chill he does eat tho . Has anyone ever encountered this ? My temps are on point gets 12% t5 3 ft cage 4ft coming in the next week gets arugula dandelions collards escarole on a rotation basis and dubias and suppers 2x. ,wk

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
where is the UVB? top of screen or inside the tank? And what kind on screen on the tank? fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type ?

Vader500

Original Poster
Outside wide apertures he s about 10 Inches from lights gets calcium w/ d3 every feeding and hertavit 2 to 3 x a wk tank is 3ft with a height of 18 in 4 ft coming next week thks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok please stop giving the D 3 every feeding ---- the distance is good for on top of the tank but w/ a T 5 or 12% bulb he does not need it for every feeding - how old is the dragon? He might have toxicity from the D3 I am going to flag the post to Tracie our vet tech

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He could be getting a bit too much D3, so you could back down on that to just a few times
per week.
So, at 10 inches from the light, is that from the UVB light or the basking light? Which type &
brand of UVB light are you using?

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I've seen this - in my case I forgot when my UVB source was due to be swapped out for a new one , and I was about 2 months overdue , the shivers were a result of insufficient UVA doseage , replaced UVB globe with new 26W UVB200 and problem disappeared inside about a week.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
How old is the UV tube ?

I've not encountered VitD toxicity ( so I'd check with your local reptile vet , might be worth a blood test to determine VitD in the blood ).

If the issue isn't that the UV source is degrading ( too old ) , and not dietary ( as per other comment by K ) . then the vet blood test is a good idea .

Vader500

Original Poster
Just got back from vet does not suspect mbd or ATV but thi s its probably d3 overload weight of dragon is 293 grams which vet says is a good weight ordered full blood panel to include vitamins d level . Also suggested changing. my t5 12% bulb should I change been using since 3/21 that's the update and thanks to all who replied

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Your UVB is fine expire in approx one year I recommend changing it out a month prior to --- let us know what the D3 comes back please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom