Dragon head shivers before eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vader500

Hi all and thanks to all who reply . My Male has this shiver around his head when eating like he gets a chill he does eat tho . Has anyone ever encountered this ? My temps are on point gets 12% t5 3 ft cage 4ft coming in the next week gets arugula dandelions collards escarole on a rotation basis and dubias and suppers 2x. ,wk

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
where is the UVB? top of screen or inside the tank? And what kind on screen on the tank? fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type ?

Vader500

Original Poster
Outside wide apertures he s about 10 Inches from lights gets calcium w/ d3 every feeding and hertavit 2 to 3 x a wk tank is 3ft with a height of 18 in 4 ft coming next week thks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok please stop giving the D 3 every feeding ---- the distance is good for on top of the tank but w/ a T 5 or 12% bulb he does not need it for every feeding - how old is the dragon? He might have toxicity from the D3 I am going to flag the post to Tracie our vet tech

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He could be getting a bit too much D3, so you could back down on that to just a few times
per week.
So, at 10 inches from the light, is that from the UVB light or the basking light? Which type &
brand of UVB light are you using?

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I've seen this - in my case I forgot when my UVB source was due to be swapped out for a new one , and I was about 2 months overdue , the shivers were a result of insufficient UVA doseage , replaced UVB globe with new 26W UVB200 and problem disappeared inside about a week.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
How old is the UV tube ?

I've not encountered VitD toxicity ( so I'd check with your local reptile vet , might be worth a blood test to determine VitD in the blood ).

If the issue isn't that the UV source is degrading ( too old ) , and not dietary ( as per other comment by K ) . then the vet blood test is a good idea .

Vader500

Original Poster
Just got back from vet does not suspect mbd or ATV but thi s its probably d3 overload weight of dragon is 293 grams which vet says is a good weight ordered full blood panel to include vitamins d level . Also suggested changing. my t5 12% bulb should I change been using since 3/21 that's the update and thanks to all who replied

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Your UVB is fine expire in approx one year I recommend changing it out a month prior to --- let us know what the D3 comes back please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pooper
Top Bottom