Dragon fell onto hard floor

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg
She’s almost 4 years old, fell from about 3 feet in the air onto a hard floor. Has been mostly unresponsive for hours, not moving, barely opening eyes and one side of her has a gray tint to it.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow so sorry to hear that happened. If at all possible, try to find a vet to get her into for a check up.
It sounds like she probably hurt herself, or maybe knocked the wind out of her. They have very vulnerable
spines too.
Did she land on her head, back, or her belly?

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Any updates for us, has she started moving around or responding & opening her eyes yet?
Please let us know how she is doing, I am very concerned about her.

Tracie

Mamabearbriggsie

Original Poster
Went to vet Friday the day it happened. She is still not responding or opening her eyes. They said her heart beat was below that of being on sedation and it continued to drop during the exam. They said it’s like being in a coma. She is most like brain dead from her landing. It’s Monday and has been three full days with no change. This afternoon I have to put her down. We are beyond heartbroken.

Mamabearbriggsie

Original Poster
I would get her into the vet ASAP--
www.arav.org
If your in a small town type in a bigger cities zip code closest to you
Thank you. We’re in NYC. I took her to her reptile vet the day it happened. It is not a good prognossis
Hello,

Any updates for us, has she started moving around or responding & opening her eyes yet?
Please let us know how she is doing, I am very concerned about her.

Tracie
thank you Tracie. I posted an update. It’s been a hard weekend.
. I updated below.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Went to vet Friday the day it happened. She is still not responding or opening her eyes. They said her heart beat was below that of being on sedation and it continued to drop during the exam. They said it’s like being in a coma. She is most like brain dead from her landing. It’s Monday and has been three full days with no change. This afternoon I have to put her down. We are beyond heartbroken.
:cry: I am so sorry to hear this ---- yes those falls can be horrible --- babies are famous for jumping etc -- I always tell people to not let them out or while transporting them to have their hand over their back so they cant jump -- but she was older so not sure exactly what happened --- again I am so sorry for her --- and you -- its rough when you lose them --

Mamabearbriggsie

Original Poster
:cry: I am so sorry to hear this ---- yes those falls can be horrible --- babies are famous for jumping etc -- I always tell people to not let them out or while transporting them to have their hand over their back so they cant jump -- but she was older so not sure exactly what happened --- again I am so sorry for her --- and you -- its rough when you lose them --
Thank you. I honestly never thought a reptile could mean so much to us. We will bury her in our yard as a family to set some closure. I certainly can’t imagine my days moving forward without her. It will be such a dark void.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I understand -- I have lost two of them -- so I know how you feel -- :( -- we have the two we lost buried in the back yard along the fence line to a field -along w/ our 2 hamsters and two cats -- give yourself time to grieve and at some point you might want to try again -- again I am sorry

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear that she was very injured, that is horrible. :cry: You are sure that she was not brumating, as they can
really be near comatose during that time, with a markedly lower heartbeat? Just thinking outloud. I realize that she was not very
responsive so it sounds like she really injured herself terribly. My condolences, she was so loved, by you.
She will always be with you.

Tracie

When my beardie was around a year old we went for a walk down by the water and he stayed on my chest/shoulder the entire walk. We stopped because a few people wanted to check him out and he jumped off my shoulder onto pavement, landed on his feet but it scared the absolute crap out of me. Luckily he had no ramifications from his launch but I learned a valuable lesson that day.

That being said I’m im sorry to here she passed away. Very sad.

Mamabearbriggsie

Original Poster
I understand -- I have lost two of them -- so I know how you feel -- :( -- we have the two we lost buried in the back yard along the fence line to a field -along w/ our 2 hamsters and two cats -- give yourself time to grieve and at some point you might want to try again -- again I am sorry
Thank you.

Mamabearbriggsie

Original Poster
Hello,

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear that she was very injured, that is horrible. :cry: You are sure that she was not brumating, as they can
really be near comatose during that time, with a markedly lower heartbeat? Just thinking outloud. I realize that she was not very
responsive so it sounds like she really injured herself terribly. My condolences, she was so loved, by you.
She will always be with you.

Tracie
She was to the point of having no muscle control, head flopped from side to side and tail swung like a pendulum when I walked across the room with her. She was injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom