Dragon eating Jurassic Natural Australian substrate. How serious?

MaxStone

Beardie name(s)
Pancake
My dragon has been licking/tasting his substrate and there is gravel in his poo. It's jurassic natural australian substrate which was listed by reptifiles as a safe loose substrate but now i'm worried. should i remove the substrate?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My dragon has been licking/tasting his substrate and there is gravel in his poo. It's jurassic natural australian substrate which was listed by reptifiles as a safe loose substrate but now i'm worried. should i remove the substrate?
Yes too much of that will cause impaction you dont want that---- please use paper towels for now then you can get some textured NON adhesive shelf liner from Walmart or your local home improvement store - insects cannot get underneath cut it to the size of your tank clean w/ vinegar/water 50/50 then wipe down w/ a clean wet towel / dish rag -- please go over your UVB your using and your basking bulb --- details please --- where in the tank is the UVB

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
75W CHE, 39w 34" Zoo Med Reptisun 5.0 T5 HO UVB Fluorescent, 150W Fluker basking bulb.

The bulbs and CHE are setup according to this guide: Bearded Dragon Lighting: The Complete How-To Guide - Reptile Advisor

The UVB is inside the tank.
Please change the 5.0 out for a 10.0 bulb -- the 5.0 is more for aquariums and the 10.0 is for reptiles - I am guessing shes eating the substrate for calcium D3 --- you dont want her eating that -- your UVB is going to help her absorb / synthesize the calcium shes eating -- please make sure the 10.0 bulb is directly above the basking decor piece 12-15 inches -- 5.0 bulbs should be 6-8 directly above the basking decor --

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom