dragon dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

help

please help me. For over a day now my lizard has been completely limp with his eyes closed with a constant black beard. It seems like he is dead accept he is breathing. He also doesnt respond to any kind off touching i can even flip himover (he hates that) at he dont even twitch

PeppersGirl

Juvie Member
I'm not usually much good at this sort of thing, but he didn't have a scare at all did he... nothing in the area he might have seen? Just I've known dragons go into shock.
I hope he pulls through for you :(

help

Original Poster
he was hardly breathing so i put him in the freezer to put him out of his misery

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

To be honest, I cannot believe that you put your dragon in the freezer. :( That is the slowest death that you can inflict upon a reptile as it takes a long time for them to freeze to death. This is not an acceptable nor humane way of euthanasia.
He is suffering as badly in the freezer as he was out of the freezer.
We might have been able to direct you with some advice but I am sure now, it is too late. :(
Don't you think that it would have been more comforting for him to have been held, if he was dying?

Tracie

Unknownhope

Hatchling Member
Drache613":2l7949dd said:
Hello,

To be honest, I cannot believe that you put your dragon in the freezer. :( That is the slowest death that you can inflict upon a reptile as it takes a long time for them to freeze to death. This is not an acceptable nor humane way of euthanasia.
We might have been able to direct you with some advice but I am sure now, it is too late. :(
Don't you think that it would have been more comforting for him to have been held, if he was dying?

Tracie

I completely agree with Tracie 100%. That was a terrible thing to do.
Someone would have responded to your post trying to help you within the hour.
Why were you so impatient?

Livey

Extreme Poster
Poor little guy :(

why hadn't you taken him to the vets?

[ Im sure you were just trying to do what's best, but only waiting 2 hours isn't great, you should of got in touch with your local vet, and if something was seriously wrong they would of put him down humanely ]
Olivia x

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Unknownhope":2l69ba1x said:
Drache613":2l69ba1x said:
Hello,

Tracie

I completely agree with Tracie 100%. That was a terrible thing to do.
Someone would have responded to your post trying to help you within the hour.
Why were you so impatient?

+100

Poor beardie :cry:

coastergirl946

Hatchling Member
I can't believe you gave up after only 2 hours, and didn't bother to call a vet or wait for a response from one of us. How did you not understand or realize that freezing to death would be miserable for him? :banghead: :cry:
Do unto others as they would do unto you.. it does not matter if it is a pet or a human. When you got your dragon, you took full responsibility for his life. I'm just glad that he's better off now, than he is with someone who doesn't care for him.

kimmie

Sub-Adult Member
I agree with what others have posted - 2 hrs is not a long time to wait for an answer here.

IMHO he's better off now! RIP little beardie!

athenacp

Extreme Poster
OMG, poor little beardie! I can't believe that you didn't wait till someone got back to you, oh geez.

Poor thing, at least now he/she is over the rainbow bridge in no pain...I can't type anything else, this is upsetting :cry:

boxerLvr

I am sitting here in tears after reading this. I had a beardie who passed and I did EVERYTHING I could for her because I loved her. To know your beardie died in this fashion just honestly makes me so sick to my stomach.

kimmie

Sub-Adult Member
I'm curious and wondering about this poster. They've only posted 3 times, all of them in this thread. I just hope & pray that someone is playing a sick joke on those of us that really truly care about their beardies!

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
This is awful, if your granny was having trouble breathing you wouldn't put her in a freezer!! If this is a genuine post then im sorry you didn't know how to help but come on use some initiative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom