dragon dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rukii

Juvie Member
fez09":22ipwfi9 said:
jazzibells82":22ipwfi9 said:
not too be weird or anything but I could almost swear that when I clicked into this thread a couple hours ago "help" had made a post with a link in it to a picture that said successful troll?? Maybe I'm wrong but I could swear...
I saw it too...

Then again, a troll wouldn't carry it on like this. A troll would just leave it at "He was sick, I froze him to death" and never respond again just to get everyone riled up. He's actually asking questions though. Regardless, it's best to help him.

RowenJade

Juvie Member
Rukii":228xhvle said:
I would seriously consider whether or not you can handle another dragon. I know that you didn't know what to do, but if you can put a living animal in a freezer so easily, then who's to say you won't do it again? I apologize for being rude, but it was extreeeemely inhumane and unconscious or not, he probably suffered a great deal before dying. I hope that if and when you get your next dragon that you read up A LOT more on what to do, like the proper UV lighting, feeders, etc. And if ANYTHING goes wrong, do not kill your dragon to put it out of its misery. There is NO good way to euthanize something yourself, leave it to professionals if you absolutely have to do it. Like I said, post to here for opinions and answers, and if it is an extreme emergency, go to the vet.

I agree as well...I saw this post after Help first said he put the dragon in the freezer and I have been too shocked to even say anything. This is my first time owning a bearded dragon...and even for my cats and dog I researched what kinds of foods would be best for them, and did EVERYTHING I POSSIBLY could to help them. One time I was even late on rent because my rescued kitten had a respiratory infection and my rescue dogs needed shots. How anyone could do such a thing to any kind of animal is beyond me.

What is more appalling (and makes me sick to my stomach) is that you want to get a new dragon...after having yours for 2 or 3 years how could you even? My baby I've had for almost two MONTHS and I couldn't fathom myself not taking it to the vet if it was acting funny.

Before I got my beardie, I researched them for almost 4 years, and while I didn't find this post till after I got my beardie, I cared enough to look into the type of pet I wanted and what it would require. I've learned alot here as far as what brands are acceptable and such (the book I was reading said nothing about UVB brands and even said to put them on walnut shells) But we all learn with experience and have to CARE enough to do so.

If I were you, I would meditate on what happened with this beardie, and if you cannot afford to take the next one to the vet to at the very least be humanely put down, I would hate to see any animals in your home at all.

jstouts

Hatchling Member
K YOUR INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW COULD YOU DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT???????????????????????? THAT IS HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom