dragon dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
What the @#@$ I sat here to shocked to write anything!!! I honestly can't believe anyone would put an animal in the freezer to die. I have lost many animals over the years to various illnesses and I have been there and held everyone of them. I cried when I read this.
Too think someone could not wait 2 hours for a response. we have had some other posters say some shocking things on here but this takes the prize. :angry5: :banghead:

bjmk92

PUTTING IT IN A FREEZER!!!

that is probably the worst way to die and it probably sufferd alot more freezing to death you could of rang an emergancy vet and asked advice if no one on here was giving you a reply.

help

Original Poster
hes been like that for 3 days i put him in after he wasnt taking breaths anymore

quigleysmom

Juvie Member
I hope this person is just young and foolish, but come on. If the beardie is not breathing anymore you don't need to put it out of its misery it is already dead. Why wait 3 days to ask for help here. That is one of the first things I would do after calling the vet. This just really makes me mad.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
New:
help":lgx2i0zl said:
hes been like that for 3 days i put him in after he wasnt taking breaths anymore
original:
help":lgx2i0zl said:
he was hardly breathing so i put him in the freezer to put him out of his misery

???

bjmk92

you still dont put it in a freezer it probably was brummating :banghead: if it was dead you could of just buried it not put it in a freezer! where did you get the idea to put it in a freezer anyway?!

gzambran

kimmie":3bcrw86g said:
I'm curious and wondering about this poster. They've only posted 3 times, all of them in this thread. I just hope & pray that someone is playing a sick joke on those of us that really truly care about their beardies!

I agree, also his/her name is "help" which seems questionable and i dont think anyone who knows enough about reptiles to own one as a pet would be cruel enough to freeze one! I shudder at the thought of what that poor beardie suffered through :'(

help

Original Poster
I didnt meant to be cruel to ziggy i ment to euthanize him and even though i did in a way that i now know is improper i do not think (hope) he suffered from it because he was already unconscious

PeppersGirl

Juvie Member
Perhaps if we all get over the fact they did the wrong thing (I'm upset about it as well, but sometimes people don't realise we all make mistakes, and it seems to be an almost common - although very wrong - assumption that freezing is a painless way for an animal to go) we can help figure out what went wrong with ziggy in the first place, to prevent it happening again?
It just seems pointless turning this into a further argument.

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
PeppersGirl":1eyldric said:
Perhaps if we all get over the fact they did the wrong thing (I'm upset about it as well, but sometimes people don't realise we all make mistakes, and it seems to be an almost common - although very wrong - assumption that freezing is a painless way for an animal to go) we can help figure out what went wrong with ziggy in the first place, to prevent it happening again?
It just seems pointless turning this into a further argument.

I agree. It seems like he really was trying to do the right thing, and he knows now that freezing a beardie isnt the right thing to do. But bashing him on here isnt going to bring Ziggy back, or help Help if he ever gets another beardie and s/he gets sick.

Help, can you tell us what was wrong with Ziggy, besides his breathing? And go over the setup you had?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom