Dragon can't open his eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I'm a Beardy Dragon owner in Korea. I came all the way here because I don't have much information in my country. I ask for your understanding even if my English is not perfect.

It's been about three months since I brought my Beardy Dragon from the shop. There has been a process of disliking me and getting angry, but there have been no health problems. However, I haven't opened my eyes during the day for about a month. From 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., the UVb light bulb is turned on and the environment of 28 to 32 degrees is constructed through ceramic. The size of the farm is about 90 centimeters wide and 60 centimeters long.

Why doesn't he open his eyes?
Even if you observe if there's a problem with eye disease, the surroundings are clean
I'm done breaking away.

I thought it was dehydration, so I've been watering it continuously.
They don't eat even if they spray water on their faces, so they make them eat wheatworms like throwing them into the water.

"Other than that, they also spray nutritional supplements related to the eyes and give me a warm bath once a week."

Strangely enough, he has no problem eating or defecating, but he never opens his eyes and hangs or lies in a warm place unless he is angry or hears noise.

The owner of the shop and acquaintances who raise Beardy Dragons say they don't know, and they say that there won't be any problem, but don't ordinary Beardy Dragons always keep their eyes open?

I haven't opened my eyes all day to say I'm sleeping.
I've been watching it all weekend.

Please help me. Beardy Dragon experts.
I was really desperate, so I came all the way here with the help of a translator.

Attachments

• KakaoTalk_20220319_172826658.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20220319_172826658.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 107
  • KakaoTalk_20220319_172826658_01.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20220319_172826658_01.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 70
  • KakaoTalk_20220319_172826658_02.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20220319_172826658_02.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 68
  • KakaoTalk_20220319_172826658_03.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20220319_172826658_03.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 71
  • KakaoTalk_20220319_172826658_04.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20220319_172826658_04.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 79
  • KakaoTalk_20220319_172826658_05.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20220319_172826658_05.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 64
  • KakaoTalk_20220319_172826658_08.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20220319_172826658_08.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 71
  • KakaoTalk_20220319_172826658_07.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20220319_172826658_07.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 67
  • KakaoTalk_20220319_172826658_06.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20220319_172826658_06.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 67

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello, I'm a Beardy Dragon owner in Korea. I came all the way here because I don't have much information in my country. I ask for your understanding even if my English is not perfect.

It's been about three months since I brought my Beardy Dragon from the shop. There has been a process of disliking me and getting angry, but there have been no health problems. However, I haven't opened my eyes during the day for about a month. From 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., the UVb light bulb is turned on and the environment of 28 to 32 degrees is constructed through ceramic. The size of the farm is about 90 centimeters wide and 60 centimeters long.

Why doesn't he open his eyes?
Even if you observe if there's a problem with eye disease, the surroundings are clean
I'm done breaking away.

I thought it was dehydration, so I've been watering it continuously.
They don't eat even if they spray water on their faces, so they make them eat wheatworms like throwing them into the water.

"Other than that, they also spray nutritional supplements related to the eyes and give me a warm bath once a week."

Strangely enough, he has no problem eating or defecating, but he never opens his eyes and hangs or lies in a warm place unless he is angry or hears noise.

The owner of the shop and acquaintances who raise Beardy Dragons say they don't know, and they say that there won't be any problem, but don't ordinary Beardy Dragons always keep their eyes open?

I haven't opened my eyes all day to say I'm sleeping.
I've been watching it all weekend.

Please help me. Beardy Dragon experts.
I was really desperate, so I came all the way here with the help of a translator.
Welcome --- I need the height of the tank - so I can get measurements to gallons for your tank size please --- we need to go over the lighting in the tank ---- I see you have a ceramic heat emitter -- that is used to keep tanks warm at night -- if your tank is falling below 65 F degrees then you need a heat emitter this is not to be used as a basking light - you dont want anything over 75 F at night -- you want 3 temps in the tank - so you will need 2 digital probe thermometers - one on the cool side of the tank 80's F during the day - middle of your tank 90's F and surface basking temp 105-110 F for a baby -- you need a solid bright white basking bulb looks like this Exo Terra® Intense Basking Spot Light | reptile Bulbs & Lamps | PetSmart any solid clear bright white bulb will work as long as it keeps temps to the basking temp I posted -- you dont want any colored or off white or yellowish bulbs -- Exo Terra® Intense Basking Spot Light | reptile Bulbs & Lamps | PetSmart
the bulb wattage is going to depend on the size of the tank --- that is why you need the digital probe thermometers I posted
next you need a good UVB you dont want any coils these cause eye issues you want either a Zoo Med fixture this comes w/ a 5.0 bulb you will need a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb for a tank 40 gallons or bigger if you are using a small tank like a 20 gallon then you can use the 5.0 bulb for now your dragon will out grow that tank so you will need the 10.0 T 5 bulb for the bigger tank - the distance and placement of these two bulbs is different so please tell me the size of the tank all measurements H L and W please - you can also get this fixture Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb - posting pics of what they look like
22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
Please post back on here with the tank size so I can better help you --
As far as the diet goes the dragon needs crickets - dubia roaches- BSFL black soldier fly larvea - silk worms as a staple insect feeder - he needs to be fed 3 times per day and the crickets / dubia roaches or silk worms need to be dusted ONE time per day w/ calcium D 3 5 x per week - vitamins w/ beta carotene dusted ONE time per day 2 x per week - he should be fed salads Nutrition Content
greens kale is a good staple feeder - offered every morning - try and get some BSFL and put those on top of his salads to lure him to the bowl - those are a good staple feeder and they are small so he will eat alot of them I would start out w/ medium size
please post back w/ more help if you need it or more questions

park se june

Original Poster
Welcome --- I need the height of the tank - so I can get measurements to gallons for your tank size please --- we need to go over the lighting in the tank ---- I see you have a ceramic heat emitter -- that is used to keep tanks warm at night -- if your tank is falling below 65 F degrees then you need a heat emitter this is not to be used as a basking light - you dont want anything over 75 F at night -- you want 3 temps in the tank - so you will need 2 digital probe thermometers - one on the cool side of the tank 80's F during the day - middle of your tank 90's F and surface basking temp 105-110 F for a baby -- you need a solid bright white basking bulb looks like this Exo Terra® Intense Basking Spot Light | reptile Bulbs & Lamps | PetSmart any solid clear bright white bulb will work as long as it keeps temps to the basking temp I posted -- you dont want any colored or off white or yellowish bulbs -- Exo Terra® Intense Basking Spot Light | reptile Bulbs & Lamps | PetSmart
the bulb wattage is going to depend on the size of the tank --- that is why you need the digital probe thermometers I posted
next you need a good UVB you dont want any coils these cause eye issues you want either a Zoo Med fixture this comes w/ a 5.0 bulb you will need a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb for a tank 40 gallons or bigger if you are using a small tank like a 20 gallon then you can use the 5.0 bulb for now your dragon will out grow that tank so you will need the 10.0 T 5 bulb for the bigger tank - the distance and placement of these two bulbs is different so please tell me the size of the tank all measurements H L and W please - you can also get this fixture Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb - posting pics of what they look like
22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
Please post back on here with the tank size so I can better help you --
As far as the diet goes the dragon needs crickets - dubia roaches- BSFL black soldier fly larvea - silk worms as a staple insect feeder - he needs to be fed 3 times per day and the crickets / dubia roaches or silk worms need to be dusted ONE time per day w/ calcium D 3 5 x per week - vitamins w/ beta carotene dusted ONE time per day 2 x per week - he should be fed salads Nutrition Content
greens kale is a good staple feeder - offered every morning - try and get some BSFL and put those on top of his salads to lure him to the bowl - those are a good staple feeder and they are small so he will eat alot of them I would start out w/ medium size
please post back w/ more help if you need it or more questions

My breeding ground is about 50 cm high.
Also, the UVB is 26W and the ceramic is 100W.
The temperature in the breeding ground is controlled by an automatic temperature control device.
We keep the temperature between 80 and 85F in cold places and 90F in warm places. Of course, all of them are floor temperatures, and if you go up, the temperature goes up even more.

Additionally, I will show you the breeding ground environment I have created.
Please give me some advice for poor DRAGON.

Attachments

• KakaoTalk_20220319_230625412.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20220319_230625412.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 65
  • KakaoTalk_20220319_230625412_01.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20220319_230625412_01.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 66
  • KakaoTalk_20220319_230625412_02.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20220319_230625412_02.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 67
  • KakaoTalk_20220319_230625412_03.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20220319_230625412_03.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 67

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
My breeding ground is about 50 cm high.
Also, the UVB is 26W and the ceramic is 100W.
The temperature in the breeding ground is controlled by an automatic temperature control device.
We keep the temperature between 80 and 85F in cold places and 90F in warm places. Of course, all of them are floor temperatures, and if you go up, the temperature goes up even more.

Additionally, I will show you the breeding ground environment I have created.
Please give me some advice for poor DRAGON.
Ok the brand for the 26 watt is what? If its a Reptisun its iffy - I am not a fan of coils and this is my guess the culprit for the eye issue - please get one of the long tube fixtures I posted -- you may haft to go to Amazon to get the basking bulb and UVB -- but you need both of those for the health of the dragon - your tank size is around a 40 gallon tank-- and the height is around 20 inches so you can use the T 5 but I am thinking its going to need to go inside the tank depending on the screen -- please get all the stuff sitting on top of the tank off --- your dragon needs ventilation and it looks like its completely covered up - do you have a screen ? please get the bulb I posted earlier and replace the UVB and get one of the UVB fixtures as soon as you can ----- 90 F is not warm enough for basking area - your baby needs 105-110 and please get the probe thermometers you need them to get surface basking temps - the top being covered is going to keep the heat in but you need ventilation for the dragon and as of now I see none

park se june

Original Poster
좋아, 26와트 힙플은? 그 렙티즌의 iffy 면은 '최고'의 훌쩍 훌쩍 훌쩍 넘어야 하는 것입니다. UVB -- 드래곤 드래곤의 건강을 위해 돈을 많이 벌고 있습니다 -- 40 갤런 -- 20 및 T 5를 지원합니다. 화면에 잘 나가고 있지 않고 --- 드래곤은 갬블링 인과 갬블러? 이전에 변경되었고, 추가 하나의 UVB를 추가했습니다. ------ 90F는 그러하지 않을 것입니다. 베이비는 105-110이 필요합니다

제품입니다. 한글 제목이 없습니다.

이름은 뉴런 아마존입니다.

한국입니다.

Attachments

• 8d221935adb9f3220b70fb4d19351d8a.jpg
    8d221935adb9f3220b70fb4d19351d8a.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 54
  • ba6bf327b24c5b546ce143250093d082.jpg
    ba6bf327b24c5b546ce143250093d082.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 55

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
http://newrunamazon.com/product/%EB%8B%B9%EC%9E%A5%EC%BC%9C%EB%B0%94-%EA%B3%A0%EC%B6%9C%EB% A0%A5-%EC%82%AC%ED%95%98%EB%9D%BC%EC%82%AC%EB%A7%89%ED%98%95-uvb-13w26w/593/카테고리/117 /디스플레이/1/

This is the product. However, it is difficult because it is written only in Korean that you cannot understand.

The brand name is Neuron Amazon.

It's a Korean brand.
Ok that link didnt work to the UVB but it is the issue for the dragons eyes --- please get rid of it -- and get what I posted - can you order off of Amazon.com? Or does the pet stores carry what I posted? If it is warm outside now where you are you can take him outside for good UVB - place him in a plastic tote do not leave him he must be supervised and NO glass containers -- temps can be 65F + for 15 minutes in direct sunlight will give him approx 4 hours of good UVB --- I would do this everyday till you get the proper UVB and basking bulb - the dragons eyes are only going to get worse w/ time w/ the Korean UVB your using --- you should get it shut off and use the sun for UVB -- and please get the top of the tank uncovered and off the floor --

park se june

Original Poster
It is said that it is not available for international purchase through the link you gave me or in the area where I live.
However, I will try to find this product for your kind recommendation.

Thank you for your kind answer.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It is said that it is not available for international purchase through the link you gave me or in the area where I live.
However, I will try to find this product for your kind recommendation.

Thank you for your kind answer.
Try amazon.com
Arcadia D3+ Reptile Lamp T5 12% UVB this bulb will also work in the Zoo Med fixture as well
Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO 10.0 UVB 24w-39w you want a 24w and 22" length

SPandS

Juvie Member
The type of light you're using has been known to cause eye issues but as you are in Korea I have no idea what types of lights are available to you. If you are able to find a long linear uvb bulb it might be a good idea to switch. Until then have you tried changing the bulb in case there is something wrong with that particular bulb?

Also does it look like there could be something in the eyes? Like little particles from the substrate?

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Hello! He is so cute! It looks like his eyes are a little foggy in one of the pictures. You can go to a reptile vet to see if he needs a prescription or not

park se june

Original Poster
The type of light you're using has been known to cause eye issues but as you are in Korea I have no idea what types of lights are available to you. If you are able to find a long linear uvb bulb it might be a good idea to switch. Until then have you tried changing the bulb in case there is something wrong with that particular bulb?

Also does it look like there could be something in the eyes? Like little particles from the substrate?
It is the most commonly used light bulb in Korea. More than 90 percent of stores and individuals use these light bulbs. Through this site, I found that people abroad use long linear light bulbs. This may be because Korea does not have a high knowledge of reptiles yet or because the climate is different. Maybe it's about knowledge.

Perhaps that's why I'm looking through overseas sites because I can't buy long bulbs for reptiles in Korea.

However, this is really difficult because the electrical standards used are different.

I can't see any foreign substances in or around the dragon's eyes.

The advice from the people around me also said that it does not seem to be eye disease and that it may be another external factor.

I'm just thinking about going to a vet.

One of my predictions is that dragons really hate me.

Can such stress be the cause?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It is the most commonly used light bulb in Korea. More than 90 percent of stores and individuals use these light bulbs. Through this site, I found that people abroad use long linear light bulbs. This may be because Korea does not have a high knowledge of reptiles yet or because the climate is different. Maybe it's about knowledge.

Perhaps that's why I'm looking through overseas sites because I can't buy long bulbs for reptiles in Korea.

However, this is really difficult because the electrical standards used are different.

I can't see any foreign substances in or around the dragon's eyes.

The advice from the people around me also said that it does not seem to be eye disease and that it may be another external factor.

I'm just thinking about going to a vet.

One of my predictions is that dragons really hate me.

Can such stress be the cause?
Improper lighting caused stress along w/ improper temps -- relocation stress - once the lighting is corrected and basking temps he should do good along w/ good diet

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Your little one is super cute, how is he doing today? Are you using any sterile saline solution or raw honey in his eye
to help out?
Sorry that I am asking another lighting question, which UVB brand is your light? You have a compact/coil currently?
If you can possibly get a long tube bulb that would help a lot. Are you able to get him outdoors in the sun for parts of
the year?
Be sure you are also using a bright white basking light for warmth & brightness.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom