Doesnt poo often?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No there is no reflector, and I will try to find a way to get the bird wire out of the way of the bulb. I switched from a t8 to a t5 a few months ago because I was told they work better.
Just had a thought - does the UVB strip have any sort of plastic over over it? Also, Im wondering if it *might* be worth it for you to cut a narrow UVB tube length strip out of the bird wire … just so those beautiful awesome UVB rays could come through w/o any sort of barrier at all - but totally up to you! Or as Karrie mentioned, mount inside … in my rescues tank, I bought a GE T8 fixture (you have a T5, but this is was many years ago before T5 were more developed and popular and alot of us used T8’s - and I still use a T8 in my 11 year olds) - but I used heavy duty Velcro to mount inside. And there’s always the ties as well as in the pic Karrie shared - always lots of great options! How is Opal doing? Is she still going regularly once a week or has it gone past that?
No there is no plastic, I switched from T8 to T5 a few months ago. I will try to get the bird wire out of the way of the bulb one way or another.
Opal is pretty good she seems happy and healthy and has a great appetite, she just went yesterday so I'll see if she goes within the next week again. Is there a point where I should be concerned about her not pooping very often? Also her poo used to be pretty undigested until I got the new UVB bulb and she picked back up and it has been better but still kind of odd looking (loose with a lot of liquid around loose stool) so I'm wondering if it could be parasites or something?

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
also I just checked the temps in Opals tank and the closest she can get to the basking bulb rests at 120 ish (she hardly goes up that high.) and the general area she likes to bask sits at 105-107 ish. Her cool side is around 70 which seems too cool but what can I do about that? Night temps are usually 65-66 where she is. I went to PetSmart to find the digital probe thermometers and they where out so instead I picked up a temporary Thrive digital thermometer no probe. I'm still working on finding one of the probe ones.
thanks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
also I just checked the temps in Opals tank and the closest she can get to the basking bulb rests at 120 ish (she hardly goes up that high.) and the general area she likes to bask sits at 105-107 ish. Her cool side is around 70 which seems too cool but what can I do about that? Night temps are usually 65-66 where she is. I went to PetSmart to find the digital probe thermometers and they where out so instead I picked up a temporary Thrive digital thermometer no probe. I'm still working on finding one of the probe ones.
thanks
Add a regular household bulb on the cool side like a 40 watt no LED's and no coil type it will bring the cool side temp up -- you can order the Zoo Med digital probes on line -- I would get 2 of them -- w/ out the probe your not getting actual temps -- if the bird wire is really open wide have the basking decor piece directly under it about 12-15 inches if I am picturing this correctly - if its more closed type but a wider opening than a mesh type then go 8-10 inches but watch her behavior --- you need a reflector on that fixture other wise those rays are not getting to her enough --- what fixture are you using or any at all ?

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Add a regular household bulb on the cool side like a 40 watt no LED's and no coil type it will bring the cool side temp up -- you can order the Zoo Med digital probes on line -- I would get 2 of them -- w/ out the probe your not getting actual temps -- if the bird wire is really open wide have the basking decor piece directly under it about 12-15 inches if I am picturing this correctly - if its more closed type but a wider opening than a mesh type then go 8-10 inches but watch her behavior --- you need a reflector on that fixture other wise those rays are not getting to her enough --- what fixture are you using or any at all ?
Okay I will, and okay I'll get those. The fixture on Opals tank is a Zoo Med Trptisun terrarium hood with reflector. Zaydes is a fixture that isnt made for reptiles however I used a T5 reptisun bulb. Also yes there is a reflector on the fixture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom