DOES MY BEARDIE'S TOUNGE LOOK HEALTHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clyde612

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Okay, so I've posted about this before, but the dark part of my beardie's tongue just always worries me and I need to know how to tell if its Mouth Rot or not.

full

full

Please help thank you!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it's perfectly healthy. :) Mouth rot is something that affects the gums or sometimes the outer edge of the mouth. The infected gums would usually have a cheesy looking pus and the lip/edge of mouth may have a crusty irritated and infected look .

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Thank you! So is tongue rot not a thing? Or does that only happen when they already have mouth rot? I only started getting worried after my beardie grabbed a bug straight out of some metal tweezers (like it could be caused by an injury). But I'm relieved that you think it looks okay :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree, tongue, gums, and teeth all look nice and healthy. No sign of infected tissue in the photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello , im still figureing out this platform,
So violet laid eggs, weeks ago, she was doing very well , in the last 3 to 4 days her poop was more than runny . Haven't changed much in her diet , an appetite is very good. Should I be considering a parasites remedy as she does get bloated as soon as she starts to eat.
My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zayart
Top Bottom