Does my bearded dragon have tail rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately I've noticed my bearded dragons skin on her tail has looked really dried out, so I've been giving her baths all the time but she won't shed. She's shedding in other places but hasn't on her tail. Now it's starting to get darker at the end of her tail and I'm worried it's tail rot. Is there anything I can do? I really don't have the money for a vet trip right now.
I'll upload a few pictures in different lighting.
91339-746787670.jpg
91339-7202929840.jpg
91339-4577101851.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Her tail looks healthy to me. Sometimes the sheds can take a while to complete but I don't see anything that stands out as a problem.

Edwardsmom

Hello, I have one juvenile bearded dragon. We have not had him for long only about 2 weeks now. I always noticed he has a curled end on his tail tip, but never thought anything of it. I decided to Google it and have been quite stressed (and disturbed) as I discovered it could be "tail rot". Now that I look closely I can see slight dents in it. I will take him to the vet as soon as possible- but if anything can help for now or if it is not tail rot and just normal please get back to me.
Thank you ❤.

I just got an account on here so I am unsure how to add pictures.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Edwardsmom":3g1q0era said:
Hello, I have one juvenile bearded dragon. We have not had him for long only about 2 weeks now. I always noticed he has a curled end on his tail tip, but never thought anything of it. I decided to Google it and have been quite stressed (and disturbed) as I discovered it could be "tail rot". Now that I look closely I can see slight dents in it. I will take him to the vet as soon as possible- but if anything can help for now or if it is not tail rot and just normal please get back to me.
Thank you ❤.

I just got an account on here so I am unsure how to add pictures.

Please start a new thread for your dragon in the health forum. You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom