Does it matter which dome I use and CHE question

Imjoloki

Beardie name(s)
Ollie
I'm wondering if it makes a difference which dome I use for my beardies basking light. Its a 100watt light I have these 2 deep domes ones wide the others skinnier I have a couple doubles too. Do they give off different levels of heat? Which would be better out of the 2 in this pic? Also I'm expecting a 100 watt CHE from Amazon today can anyone give me advice on best way to use it and when. I have a 40 gallon tank. Arcadia t5 100 watt basking light and a 50 I turn on in the mornings to help heat up faster. I'm expecting a digi probe thermometer also so I'll be checking temps all I have atm is the much hated stickies.
Any help would be much appreciated 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20230107_202228087_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230107_202228087_HDR.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 15

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 4 and Blaze is 3
I'm wondering if it makes a difference which dome I use for my beardies basking light. Its a 100watt light I have these 2 deep domes ones wide the others skinnier I have a couple doubles too. Do they give off different levels of heat? Which would be better out of the 2 in this pic? Also I'm expecting a 100 watt CHE from Amazon today can anyone give me advice on best way to use it and when. I have a 40 gallon tank. Arcadia t5 100 watt basking light and a 50 I turn on in the mornings to help heat up faster. I'm expecting a digi probe thermometer also so I'll be checking temps all I have atm is the much hated stickies.
Any help would be much appreciated 😁
The CHE needs a dome w/ a ceramic socket and the correct wattage I use a deep dome for mine - it sits on the top of the screen middle of the tank - its a 100 watt on a 120 gallon tank - I only use it when temps are below zero here - when its run it keeps the tank around 73 degrees - you want temps in the tank at night between 65-75 --

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
I would use the one on the left for your ceramic bulb and the one on the right for your basking bulb.

Imjoloki

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ollie
Ok.. I have 2 of the bigger ones tho.. should I still use these two? And do i run the che 24/7 or just at night? My house stays around 74 but it feels cooler

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
If you have 2 of the wider ones those are the ones I would use. Me personally I’m not a fan of the deep domes. To me the it blocks some of the heat because it’s at a higher distance. It’s not what the house feels like it’s about the tank. I have to run my Che day and night to keep the temp where it needs to be. This is what I check my temps with
1673195988547.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 4 and Blaze is 3
Ok.. I have 2 of the bigger ones tho.. should I still use these two? And do i run the che 24/7 or just at night? My house stays around 74 but it feels cooler
Your tank will go to house temps at night - or close to it- the deep reflector domes reflect the heat into the tank-- your probes will measure the ambient temps at night w/ the basking lights off- just hang the probe on the side of your tank-- I have never used a wide dome w/ the che I have always used the deep domes as recommended - IR guns are good but do not read off of certain materials used for basking- I have them as well but rely on my probes

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

lol i feel like i ask so many questions on this site but i just love it here!
so many questions & not enough days
I'm painting Devlyn's house while she brumates. You can message me to hold me accountable because I procrastinate >_<

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddiebeardie
Top Bottom