Does her beard look healthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wandaa

Hey guys! I've just adopted a 5 year old female bearded dragon! Her name is tangelo :) I've never had a bearded dragon before so I'm not sure if her beard is normal or too large would anyone be able to tell me if it looks normal or if I should book a visit to the vet? Thanks so much!
IMG_20220207_142559.jpg
IMG_20220207_142554.jpg

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Looks normal to me it just looks like she’s going to start shedding on her beard. They shed in patches like that. Sometimes it’s one leg or the tail or half the body or a foot lol 😆. But if you just adopted her you may want to take her to a vet to have a fecal test done just to be safe and make sure she doesn’t have any parasites. Thank you for adopting her that’s awesome.

Wandaa

Original Poster
Looks normal to me it just looks like she’s going to start shedding on her beard. They shed in patches like that. Sometimes it’s one leg or the tail or half the body or a foot lol 😆. But if you just adopted her you may want to take her to a vet to have a fecal test done just to be safe and make sure she doesn’t have any parasites. Thank you for adopting her that’s awesome.
Yes I will do that! Awesome thank you :) just most beardies I see online have smaller beards haha I think hers it's cute ❤️ thank you!

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
If she’s eating and pooping and seems alert and active she’s probably ok I just always like to make sure once or twice a year I do a fecal exam to check their parasite load? Keeps them healthy and once you do the initial exam with the vet you can normally just do a fecal once a year and it won’t cost as much as the initial visit. You know I’ve noticed females have a full body and beard then it tapers off very quickly and their chin is thinner and males are just thicker and fuller?

Wandaa

Original Poster
Yes hers does taper off quicky, she is eating an pooping really well considering I just got her! I thought she'd hide for a few days but she's out and about already! Yes I will be taking her to the vet asap, thank you for your reply :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom