Does anybody's beardie makes sounds?

AYandfamily

Beardie name(s)
Jenny, Turbo
My beardie Turbo, has been making sounds since I got her as an adult who had previously been used by a breeder to breed. (3 months ago). She usually makes these sounds after soaking in the bath, and does it like 5 or 6 times. Maybe she just wants to tell me she hates bathing! I visited a vet finally and got her examined but there were no visible problems, and the next thing they wanted to do was blood work + x ray which was $700 that I didn't want to spend. What do you guys think?

https: //drive.google.com/ file/d/1ISjkymOnboT7PbToSuUsffTm-tsYen5h/view?usp=share_link

I have been upgrading the husbandry and it stays quite warm generally, around 30c. Just got an IR temp gun and playing around with it. The hottest it gets is 45c under the basking light, I'm going to swap it out for a lower wattage one soon.

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mango
My beardie Turbo, has been making sounds since I got her as an adult who had previously been used by a breeder to breed. (3 months ago). She usually makes these sounds after soaking in the bath, and does it like 5 or 6 times. Maybe she just wants to tell me she hates bathing! I visited a vet finally and got her examined but there were no visible problems, and the next thing they wanted to do was blood work + x ray which was $700 that I didn't want to spend. What do you guys think?

https: // drive.google.com /file/d/1ISjkymOnboT7PbToSuUsffTm-tsYen5h/view?usp=share_link

I have been upgrading the husbandry and it stays quite warm generally, around 30c. Just got an IR temp gun and playing around with it. The hottest it gets is 45c under the basking light, I'm going to swap it out for a lower wattage one soon.
do you know what the humidity is in her tank? also can you post a picture of her tank?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Does she drink in the bath, to be honest that sounded like a birp to me.

AYandfamily

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jenny, Turbo
Hello Mango, the humidity is 30-40%. At night I keep ceramic lamp and it is 30-36c in the tank. It is the smaller lamp and it is 75w. I have switched out my 75w basking lamp out for a 40w household bulb. Will check if the temperatures get too low in the morning. If so, I will probably get a 50 or 60w bulb.

In October, my house was like 20-24c ambient temp and she wanted to burmate. I moved mid October and got this tank setup for her in the picture and she has since gotten better. I keep my ambient temp 24-26c.

https : //drive.google.com /file/d/1Iah_VnzMYl_68HUQN0-NNtwZ3uiy4dqA/view?usp=share_link

https : //drive.google.com /file/d/1IhBfQVVIg1NLGi9jrTZ9ikc9p2NSG1km/view?usp=share_link

Hello xp29, she doesn't drink nor like it in the bath. In fact, she doesn't poop in the bath most of the time, and she only poops once every 10 - 14 days, but it is getting better nowadays. I feed her mostly the Fluker's red color pellets, and veggies whenever I can, but her favorite are live insects.

AYandfamily

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jenny, Turbo
Hello,
An update for Turbo, she had since been in very good health and eating lots. I guess she just doesn't like being handled. Or being handled by me.

But these few days she had been hiding in her cave. Does that mean that she will be laying eggs soon?

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
If a room is humid, Rocky will yawn immediately- you'll hear flapping of his lips
If I eat something with a foul odor to him (flavored chips) and he is near me- he will yawn and you'll hear flapping of his lips
I laugh and tell Rocky to get over it and remind him of his poo! At that point, I win!!!

AYandfamily

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jenny, Turbo
You are right and Rocky is also right! When I put Turbo in the water to bath she will make sounds after a few minutes. She also tries to run away from me whenever she can!

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I had to come back to this post because yesterday I was sitting on the floor with Rocky in my living room. We usually sit on the couch and let him go to the window, however, I didn't want to let him free roam because there's a cactus there now. Rocky kept looking and looking because he wanted to go towards the window. Usually, the look is enough to get me to move- he never pulls away, remember, I am the one trained.
This time, I acted as if I didnt understand and I looked the other way. I began slowly petting him because Rocky thinks he's a frog and loves to leap -
The next thing that I know, Rocky opened his mouth and ROARED. I was like what in the world?! The problem was, he kept his mouth open so I know he intended to do it LOL
Now I am going to chuck this up to packed up air, remember he has been semi brumating since October. I wasn't scared but more so confused!

Rocky's behavior was normal throughout the rest of the day!

AYandfamily

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jenny, Turbo
Exactly! That's exactly what Turbo does! Someone knows what I'm talking about now! ( I deleted the video because I don't have room on my google drive anymore )

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom