Do you have a great reptile vet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmh3988

Hatchling Member
I posted yesterday about my baby beardie's eye and I haven't gotten any responses yet. He's still doing it and I'm thinking about taking him to the vet on Friday. I take my cats to a place about 3 minutes from my house and have for the past several years with good results so I called yesterday to see if anyone up there saw reptiles (one out of the 6 do and he's in on Mon, Weds, Fri). Has anyone had any wonderful or horrible vet experiences they would like to share? I want to make sure I get good advice and if not, find somewhere I can as this is my first reptile. I'm in the Kansas City Metro area if anyone has seen a good one around here. And if not, I'd love to hear your experiences in what to look for :) Puffy and I thank you for any advice.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
I live in Kingman, Az, and not a big town, but a friend who I barrel race with is a vet, and found out the vet place has a good vet for beardies, had to take him to check for pin worms, the vet seemed seemed to know a lot about beardies and asked a bunch of questions. Good to know I have a good vet for my baby.

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Three Trails Animal Hospital is where I take Yoshi. He sees Dr. Schrock. He's actually certified in herps. And then there's one or two at Chrysler Animal Hospital, too. These are both in Independence, too!

Meginsanity

Hatchling Member
I take Loki and my leopard tortoise Genbu to the Arizona Exotic Animal Hospital: http://www.azeah.com/

Loki has seen both Dr. Wright and Dr. Johnson, they're both very good & knowledgeable. (Dr Wright is especially good with reptiles & amphibians.) They are very good.

Jess

Extreme Poster
The vet clinic I take my pets specializes in exotics, and I also observe there. :D I really can't say enough good things about them: They gave me my first beardie Wink instead of putting him to sleep, and they even rescued an impacted beardie and did his surgery because the owner couldn't afford it. For any Minnesotans looking for a great vet clinic, Vally View Pet Hospital is the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello , im still figureing out this platform,
So violet laid eggs, weeks ago, she was doing very well , in the last 3 to 4 days her poop was more than runny . Haven't changed much in her diet , an appetite is very good. Should I be considering a parasites remedy as she does get bloated as soon as she starts to eat.
My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momof3drangons
Top Bottom