Do I need to clean them?

I just got a a order of 2000 bsfl, I have been taking them out of the container and kind of dropping them into a bowl and shaking it a little and this knocks off almost all the media. There may be a a few small specks left on each one. I have been feeding them like that.

On here I see people rinse them and clean them. Is that necessary? Can those few specks be harmful? Or is that more if the the media fully sticks to them?

Groggyfroggie

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Draco
I put them in a colander and wash them before feeding. My supplier used wheat bran as their substrate and I don’t want my beardie eating too much of that.

Andi_Braun

Original Poster
I put them in a colander and wash them before feeding. My supplier used wheat bran as their substrate and I don’t want my beardie eating too much of that.
How do you dry them off? I read when wet they climb anything. And the dragon I got them for is coming off being sick so she doesn’t eat well so nitpicks from a bowl throughout day.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I just got a a order of 2000 bsfl, I have been taking them out of the container and kind of dropping them into a bowl and shaking it a little and this knocks off almost all the media. There may be a a few small specks left on each one. I have been feeding them like that.

On here I see people rinse them and clean them. Is that necessary? Can those few specks be harmful? Or is that more if the the media fully sticks to them?
You need a bowl like this to keep them in and yes I would lightly rinse them
https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d

Groggyfroggie

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Draco
How do you dry them off? I read when wet they climb anything. And the dragon I got them for is coming off being sick so she doesn’t eat well so nitpicks from a bowl throughout day.
I put them on paper towel after washing, that'll dry them off quick. I ran into the same issue as well, they climb really well.. I find that dusting them with multivitamin powder keeps them from climbing out.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom