Do females go into heat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
Main question is in the header. Over the past few days, the behavior in my girl has drastically changed. She's normally pretty content just basking all day aside from going to eat/poop, but for several days now she's been running nonstop from 9am until 3pm. She's actually managed to severely damage the mortar in her tank in several areas from the pacing. She's also attempted climbing the tank, even though she has learned by now that the exit is the side of the tank. She's drastically calmer when Im present but will still run about a bit. She does the same when outside the tank.

Normally Id be fine with something like that, awesome she's active! But it's not her normal behavior so I have to question it.

EDIT: Yes, she does get time to roam outside of her tank each day in a room thats roughly 10ft by 15ft. As with in her tank, she paces against the walls while occasionally trying to climb them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom