Do beardies lose scales? Or just shed? (Pics)

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
I have posted a couple months ago about this subject (it was Amber) and those scales seemed to resolved themselves. My Chubbs is a "fancy" morph (normal basically) and she brightens up after a poop and darkens outside but never has white scales.

Amber has scales that sorta seem to hang slightly and I'm unsure if I should help or if I should allow them to do what they do? She isn't shedding or anything they just seem to appear sometimes some large some small. I'm just curious if it's a normal thing or if I should consult the vet again?

Attachments

• IMG_20230418_161146~2.jpg
    IMG_20230418_161146~2.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20230418_161157~2.jpg
    IMG_20230418_161157~2.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 44

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
I have posted a couple months ago about this subject (it was Amber) and those scales seemed to resolved themselves. My Chubbs is a "fancy" morph (normal basically) and she brightens up after a poop and darkens outside but never has white scales.

Amber has scales that sorta seem to hang slightly and I'm unsure if I should help or if I should allow them to do what they do? She isn't shedding or anything they just seem to appear sometimes some large some small. I'm just curious if it's a normal thing or if I should consult the vet again?
From the pictures they look like bits of shed hanging on her. So if it is this nothing to worry about. If you would like them to come off quicker you can give her a bath but don’t pick them off, (if it is shed).

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I see scales like that on Zen from time to time. He gets upset 😡 if i mess with them so i just leave them be. Best i can tell they kindda hang around until that area sheds again then disappear.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I see scales like that on Zen from time to time. He gets upset 😡 if i mess with them so i just leave them be. Best i can tell they kindda hang around until that area sheds again then disappear.
That's what I thought because they disappeared before but they are showing up again

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
From the pictures they look like bits of shed hanging on her. So if it is this nothing to worry about. If you would like them to come off quicker you can give her a bath but don’t pick them off, (if it is shed).
She is starting to get white on her snout elbow legs and on her lower belly I can never wait for them to shed as adults it takes so long lol

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It seems like a could of mine never stop shedding

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
She is starting to get white on her snout elbow legs and on her lower belly I can never wait for them to shed as adults it takes so long lol
If you are really worried you can ask or take her to your vet. I know always takes so long for them shed 😂

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom