do beardies have colors when there born?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nesta's mommy

Sub-Adult Member
nesta was a stone looking beardie when we first got her and after a few weeks color began to come out! now, at around 8 months she's bursting with orange

beardedwizard

Extreme Poster
Most dragons color up from a dull or neutral color to their adult color and some high color offspring come out of the egg with just as much color as a full grown adult. I'm been lucky enough to a hatch a lot of dragons with a ton of color right out of the egg, but I've also hatch babies that were almost black, but turned out to be full body yellows! So it depends on the genetics and line as not all lines are the same... For example, certain Citrus lines take up to 6 months or more to start showing the bright coloration they are known for, and other citrus lines show almost directly right out of the egg...

Hope this helps,

Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom