DIY Reptile hammock (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spencer

Hatchling Member
This is the reptile hammock i made for Leeloo. I used big and small hemp and she loves it.
35a8f44e.jpg

Heres a step by step. I first made a triangle out of the big hemp with a loop at each point.
c6006b8c.jpg

Then i started in the corner and used a pelican knot to tie a piece of thin hemp on each side.
0395b51c.jpg

4dbf373d.jpg

6b889821.jpg

Then i took the inside pieces of each side and put them together
1589ba5a.jpg

and tied a square knot with the four pieces.
70706abb.jpg

be4f57fc.jpg

Then i added more small hemp with pelican knots,
d76bfa1d.jpg

and square knotted the whole triangle.
6dfcfe00.jpg

487181df.jpg

d909fb2e.jpg

dc4ec52a.jpg

dda05e44.jpg

I just hang it in the viv with command strips. It took me 4 and a half hours because i was really trying to make it look great for my girl. :D
35a8f44e.jpg

william488

Juvie Member
nice looking hammock. My daughter and I might just have to try that just for some one on one father-daughter time. and our beardies will benefit

Kajolic

Juvie Member
Very nice looking. I tried to make my own, because I like the style of a home-made hammock, but couldn't get it right so I have this ugly green store-bought one. I'm inspired, I may attempt your design and see what I can come up with. I like yours a lot.

Joellivin

Wow, can I buy one from you? :D
I dont think I could do all those knots and try and keep it straight. That looks infinitely better than the store bought green ones.

KDK241

Hatchling Member
Thank you for this! I have been trying to figure out a good way to make one but kept coming up blank. I'm going to try it tomorrow :)

Spencer

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks!
I am going to make more but they take a very long time so once i get one finished i will put it up for sale and so on. Or I put up this post so you don't have to buy one lol.

a green store bought hammock is about 11$ on petsmart i see online so these are going to be more expensive probably just double ($22) because they are handmade. Shipping is cheap, always 3$ in US because i just fold it in a padded envelope. Once i get one done i will put a link up to my etsy shop.

I don't recommend baking them to disinfect just cause i am not sure how hemp does in an oven so i would dip it in a very weak bleach solution and a dechlorinator and let air dry.

KDK241

Hatchling Member
Where did you get the hemp? I was at the craft store and looked everywhere but didn't see any :(

mudskipper

Juvie Member
KDK241":3dcuxt76 said:
Where did you get the hemp? I was at the craft store and looked everywhere but didn't see any :(

Hardware stores have them. I was just at True Value Hardware and saw several sizes and colors.

GeckoCandy

I really like this! May have to try it. Really helps that I started learning hemp knotting a little while ago and I understand the basic knots enough to hopefully do this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom