DIY Reptile hammock (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spencer

Hatchling Member
This is the reptile hammock i made for Leeloo. I used big and small hemp and she loves it.
35a8f44e.jpg

Heres a step by step. I first made a triangle out of the big hemp with a loop at each point.
c6006b8c.jpg

Then i started in the corner and used a pelican knot to tie a piece of thin hemp on each side.
0395b51c.jpg

4dbf373d.jpg

6b889821.jpg

Then i took the inside pieces of each side and put them together
1589ba5a.jpg

and tied a square knot with the four pieces.
70706abb.jpg

be4f57fc.jpg

Then i added more small hemp with pelican knots,
d76bfa1d.jpg

and square knotted the whole triangle.
6dfcfe00.jpg

487181df.jpg

d909fb2e.jpg

dc4ec52a.jpg

dda05e44.jpg

I just hang it in the viv with command strips. It took me 4 and a half hours because i was really trying to make it look great for my girl. :D
35a8f44e.jpg

william488

Juvie Member
nice looking hammock. My daughter and I might just have to try that just for some one on one father-daughter time. and our beardies will benefit

Kajolic

Juvie Member
Very nice looking. I tried to make my own, because I like the style of a home-made hammock, but couldn't get it right so I have this ugly green store-bought one. I'm inspired, I may attempt your design and see what I can come up with. I like yours a lot.

Joellivin

Wow, can I buy one from you? :D
I dont think I could do all those knots and try and keep it straight. That looks infinitely better than the store bought green ones.

KDK241

Hatchling Member
Thank you for this! I have been trying to figure out a good way to make one but kept coming up blank. I'm going to try it tomorrow :)

Spencer

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks!
I am going to make more but they take a very long time so once i get one finished i will put it up for sale and so on. Or I put up this post so you don't have to buy one lol.

a green store bought hammock is about 11$ on petsmart i see online so these are going to be more expensive probably just double ($22) because they are handmade. Shipping is cheap, always 3$ in US because i just fold it in a padded envelope. Once i get one done i will put a link up to my etsy shop.

I don't recommend baking them to disinfect just cause i am not sure how hemp does in an oven so i would dip it in a very weak bleach solution and a dechlorinator and let air dry.

KDK241

Hatchling Member
Where did you get the hemp? I was at the craft store and looked everywhere but didn't see any :(

mudskipper

Juvie Member
KDK241":3dcuxt76 said:
Where did you get the hemp? I was at the craft store and looked everywhere but didn't see any :(

Hardware stores have them. I was just at True Value Hardware and saw several sizes and colors.

GeckoCandy

I really like this! May have to try it. Really helps that I started learning hemp knotting a little while ago and I understand the basic knots enough to hopefully do this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom