DIY Hide dry time?

dandelion

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jasper
I’m just about finished with a custom basking rock and hide for my dragon, but I’ve seen a lot of conflicting advice about dry times for sealant.
I used Minwax Polycrilic water-based over a top layer of grout. Some places say to give it a couple days to air out, but others say to give it up to three weeks before putting it under a heat source - does anyone have experience with this? I’ve not used this type of sealant before on anything that needed to be kept non toxic

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
I would say add the dry time for both together and before putting it in the enclosure put it under a heat source to see if emits a smell.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you can still smell it putting off fumes, it's not fully cured. You can put it under a heat source if you want, but don't expose your dragon to it until its done off gassing.

-Brandon

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom