DIY Basking Platforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewsenes

Does anyone have any ideas for basking platforms that aren't the fake rock ones? If anyone has pics of other stuff they've done for platforms that would be cool. Just trying to get ideas for other stuff I could do in my tank. Its a pretty short tank. Mines 48 long by 24 wide by 18 tall.

andrewsenes

Original Poster
I don't really want to use real rocks or bricks or anything, because I have a glass tank that I don't want to put too heavy of stuff in? Any ideas for Cool basking platforms???

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Are you wanting ideas on other things you can make with the same method as DYI rocks use or are you asking for something that you don't have to make that you can just use?

Or are you asking for things you could find around the house to use?

-Brandon

andrewsenes

Original Poster
Either something I could just use from around the house, or something I could make indoors. I just don't really have the space to make the fake rocks right now. Just looking for other platform ideas.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Tile + 100% Silicone + Upside down flower pot = Cheap and easy basking platform. :)

DSC00873.jpg

IMG_3062.jpg

I have done two things for basking "structures" in Bender's tank. First, I went to the beach and got drift wood. I took it home, soaked it in water, and baked it for a while. (if you don't live by the beach any other wood could work, even fire wood, just make sure the size is appropriate for your dragon and that you bake it because you don't want to introduce foreign "stuff" to it's environment.) the other way is stacking rocks. They don't need to be big, just enough to give a comfortable pile. They are also easier to clean and add. Just boil them to put them in the tank. I prefer the rocks because they file the dragons nails and are far easier to clean. You could also use a repti-hammock, but it's definitely not the best solution. Hope this helps

andrewsenes

Original Poster
Got ceramic pots today. Should I sterilize them or anything? Just wash or should I soak them or what?
Thanks

Jess

Extreme Poster
Personally, I just give them a good rinsing off, but of course sterilizing is never a bad thing. :)

HuckWeb

I went to a local hardscape shop and bought flagstone. No rough edges and it doesnt chip the way slate tends to. The thing is rather heavy and its on top of tile but there is no issue w/ the weight on the glass. I'll post a pic of it tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom