distance issue?

dbz Dan

Beardie name(s)
Spike
Hello everyone I'm new to the forum and new to bearded dragons and I think so far I've got a good basic set up but being my terrarium isn't very tall I'm worried about how close spike is to the uvb light. I've got the zoo med t5 24"hood with reflector about an inch above the screen and I stayed with the 5.0 and hope the screen is filtering enough out so he's not getting to much when he sitting on his hangout spot. I'd say he's about 8 inches from light is that ok in some of you experienced dragon owners opinion?

dbz Dan

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Spike
20220904_131430.jpg

Hello everyone I'm new to the forum and new to bearded dragons and I think so far I've got a good basic set up but being my terrarium isn't very tall I'm worried about how close spike is to the uvb light. I've got the zoo med t5 24"hood with reflector about an inch above the screen and I stayed with the 5.0 and hope the screen is filtering enough out so he's not getting to much when he sitting on his hangout spot. I'd say he's about 8 inches from light is that ok in some of you experienced dragon owners opinion?
I'm sure this is asked all the time so sorry in advance lol.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
8 inches is good for the 5.0 unobstructed - they are not strong enough to go thru the screen

dbz Dan

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Spike
8 inches is good for the 5.0 unobstructed - they are not strong enough to go thru the screen
ok I could cut a strip out of the screen a little bigger then the width of the bulb or just get the 10.0 and leave everything the way it is maybe. thx

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
ok I could cut a strip out of the screen a little bigger then the width of the bulb or just get the 10.0 and leave everything the way it is maybe. thx
Yes the 10 would be better distance would be 12-15 inches unobstructed

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom