Display Case enclosure help

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronjohnston

I am upgraded our 36 gal terrarium to a display case. I wanted to know what the best way would be to setup the lighting in it. I was looking at the 36" hoods, but I'm confused on which one to go with as i need a heat lamp also. I'm just looking for ideas at this point. The plan is replace the back wood panels with plexiglass this wknd and remove the glass top and replace it with screen. We have lots of Styrofoam to build tall structures with, but not sure if i should put the uvb on the back top of the enclosure or just on one side with a normal bulb on the other. I would appreciate any help you guys can give. The new setup is 5ft long x 3 foot tall, 22" deep

Attachments

• IMG_5880-X3.jpg
    IMG_5880-X3.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 110

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Wow, that's going to be a nice big beardie palace ! The uvb + heat need to overlap so that when he basks he'll be exposed to both. With a 3 foot tall enclosure it would be good to mount the uvb under the screen, attached with velcro strips or picture hanging wire. If you can't do that, be sure that the screen you choose is not fine mesh, you'll need screen with large holes so the uvb can pass through effectively. Which brand + strength of uvb are you getting ? You might need 2 heat lamps for such a large enclosure unless your house is on the warm side.

aaronjohnston

Original Poster
I was looking at the 48" t5 reptisun 10.0 UVB to mount on the top inside of the tank, then do 2 heat lamps on the left side where we put her basking area. Do you think that would work or is 48" too much for in there? She just loves to run so we were happy to snag this cabinet locally.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That sounds good, there will still be areas for her to avoid the uvb if she wanted. I hope to see it when it's finished. : )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom