Discoloration with white spot and scale loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHatter57

Our bearded dragon has developed a discolored area on her side with a white area in the middle where it looks like the scales have dropped off. Can anyone tell me if this is a fungal infection, and if there is a good home treatment option? I have a photo, but I'm not sure how to share it here. If someone can give me some tips I'll be happy to put it up so as to help with the diagnosis. Thanks.

MHatter57

Original Poster
full

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The only way to be sure is to have ONLY an experienced reptile vet do a skin scraping to have it tested. Is there anything she could have been injured on ? Do you have a heat rock or anything at all she could have burned it on ? Does she spend time outside of her tank crawling around ? For now you can put some raw honey on it. Raw unpasteurized honey is a powerful natural antimicrobial and helps tissue to regenerate. You can thin it with a small amount of warm water and apply daily, just be sure there are no loose crickets in the tank that would go for the wound + the honey.

And a side point, she is on the thin side, you might bump up her live feedings a bit. But she looks very sweet...hopefully everything will turn out O.K :)

MHatter57

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice. I think we'll try the honey for a week or so and see what it does. If the area is unresponsive to that, maybe we'll try an antifungal cream.

I just posted, because my beardie has a spot that looks exactly the same. The vet I took him to (which wasn't an exotic, but was recommended) said it was either a bad shed or ringworm. I've been putting Lotramin on it, and it has slightly improved, but I've never seen anything like it before either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom