discharge in eye, or shed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
not sure if shed (dont think it is) but my beardie has had a bit of soft mucus type stuff along the very edge of her eye. its very soft and gelitan like, its not hard nor does it have any dense parts to it. at first i thought it might be a bit of shed that caused some watering? she dosnt have any trouble opening her eyes, dosent have any issue seeing her food running around and chasing after it either. she will try and clear it out with her 3rd eye lid but it was under her eyelid and wrapped around a bit.

i lifted her eye lid a bit and gently cleaned it out, it was maybe .005ml worth of discharge (if it is discharge) and it was only along the VERY edge of her eyelid.

she is still running around, being active, she drank water today after sitting out in the sun all day (i dont often catch her drinking). she has been very picky about food for hte past couple months, she will always eat mealworms and horned worms with out any coaxing but if i want her to eat a greenbean or roach i need to feed her the worm first and then when she is done chewing ill slide the bean/bachchoy, or roach between her lips and then she will eat it but she wont grab it on her own for what ever reason...

she is up a dozen or so grams from her last weigh in 2 weeks ago. she was healthy at her last vet visit a few weeks back when we were going to start her on anti worm but we still have not because her runny poo seems to have been an isolated occurrence...

has anyone experienced this before? should i watch for anything in particular to see if this is more than some left over shed that caused irritation?

edit: i have spent some time googling for pictures and related articles but i cant find anything that looks like what she had in her eye. to pre-answer some of the questions i have seen on other topics about eyes:

she gets multivite and calcium twice a week dusted on a couple roaches or a couple green beans.
she spends most of her time free range and has no sand substraite
she gets 80% of her UVB from sitting outside in her screened in cage
in her indoor tank (which she is in maybe 8 hours a week) she has a reptisun 10.0 24" bulb

edit2: pictures of her eyes after i cleaned them, should have taken a pic before i know but im goign to look through my photos of her and see if any is noticeable.

aGbuHUM.jpg

maybe you can see a smig in the corner of her eye here but i just looked at her eye and i dont see any so i think its just the angle of hte picture?:
3JMf94G.jpg

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
no discharge or anomalies on her eyes this morning but she did go right back to bed after brekfast so idk if she is not feeling well or if she is just being lazy

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They look good after rinsing. There might be some shed or maybe a dirt particle in there. If it keeps getting goopy rinse it out with plain saline and hopefully that will flush out any irritants eventually.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's good to hear. That happens sometimes and usually isn't a big deal if it's rinsed out.

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i wish i had recorded it, she let me lift her eye lid up and clean her eye out with out even flinching. she even held her eye open for the majority of it...

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i think i know what it was now, sindragosa goes outside quite often and i think while she was out there she got some of that dandilion fluff in her eyes. she came running up to me last night with a BIG old wad of it stuck to her face that she couldn't get off...

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ah that certainly could be. They do tend to act like little swiffers sometimes. I see them get dust and stuff caught on them often while roaming the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom