Dino's YF... Rest Easy my Lil' Friend :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Dino sure has come a long way, im sure its been said (by me too) but I will say it again. Dino is very lucky to have you as her slave! :D

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Sue,

How is Dino doing?
At least you are on the home stretch though, she is going to be fine! :D
What a wonderful job you have done & I know that she must be so happy too.
Is she eating really well again also? I sure hope so!

Tracie

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well Kiddo's, once again the celebration is short-lived. :roll: My daughter has been sick for over a month, with a stomach thing. I've been tending to her, taking her back and forth to doctors appt's, dealing with school, we went away to New York last weekend with the school (had to beg to be able to go because she had been out of school for over 3 weeks). Anyyyywaaaaay, making an extremely long story, that isn't over yet, very short, Dino kind of fell to the wayside. Yes, Dino has been neglected with all that has been happening. So, the other night, I finally decide to take her out and give her a soak (it's been well over a week) because I thought she had food stuck to her face. Well, it isn't food. It's a SORE. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Yup. Looks like the fungus isn't gone and she's got a couple spots developing on her face, around her mouth area. I saw them Wednesday. Her eye isn't completely healed up either. The ointment regimen got all messed up too with everything that's going on. Upon closer examination tonight (full body search) I found that she's developing a sore on top of her right foot too (that's the same foot that I had to debride before). SO, with that, I am calling the vet tomorrow (I should've called today... crazy at work, to kid to an appt). Calling the pharmacy tomorrow too, I think there is another refill on the VC. BUT before I do that, I wanna speak with the vet and see if she wants to try a different med. I know she said there is another one if the VC doesn't work. I can't say it didn't work because it did heal her up, but maybe we can heal her up quicker with a different one this time. I dunno. I'll keep you posted.
:( :dontknow: :roll: :shock: :x :bleick: :angry5: :puke:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Sue,

I am sorry about Dino... :cry:
Just when you think it is all gone. It is so hard to keep it all under control. Her system must have just been innundated.

Tracie

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Dino has an appointment Tuesday. They had an appt available yesterday however, the kid had one so I couldn't make it up there. Gonna wait on getting the VC refill til then. I'll keep you posted. If I find a minute, I will try to get some pics of her new sores. :(

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Sue, I'm sorry to hear about the new sores that are popping up. I hope that it can be brought under control and eventually gotten rid of totally. Nothing like an emotional roller coaster ride with a reoccurence of this right when a family member is sick as well. Keep yourself healthy and hang in there !

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks guys. I found two more sores starting on her back, near her shoulder, where is was bad before. She is bustin' out like wildfire! Not liking this ONE BIT. :angry5:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh boy ! :( So you have to get her back on the oral meds., huh ? Don't forget the honey....I've read that it's being used on MRSA, and even in children's hospitals in Germany where children with cancer that have skin infections are healing faster than other treatments. Maybe it will work better than the other topical. At any rate....I wish you + Dino the best !

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Here's the news: A new script for VC has been sent to the pharmacy, adjusted for the 90 grams she's gained since last August! She checked to make sure that was still the "latest & greatest" med to use. She talked "cultures" but we know what it is so, why bother? They would take 5 weeks. I just wanna get her back on the meds ASAP!! I'm putting SSD on the raw areas near her mouth and eye of her left side. (I was initially using the honey AHBD cuz I wasnt sure if it would be ok to put the SSD all over her mouth area). Doc also told me we will have to be on the meds longer this time as well. Last run was what? 7 months? Soooo longer than that!! So, after watching the news and seeing the Norton brothers, marathon victims who each lost a leg along with other injuries, I'm gonna try to have a different attitude this time around... We will get passed this hurdle, we will move forward and heal and get better cuz we can! Our problem is so small in this great big world. Dino is BostonStrong too!! :whip:

shara

I just wanted to wish Dino a speedy and full recovery. I'm very sorry to hear about the new sore. I'm sure she'll get through it and then back on track for her progress. She's a fighter!

Warm regards,
Shara aka Napoleon's mum

Tonja

BD.org Addict
well darnit. I thought Dino was all healed up. You and Dino have my prayers the poor baby. Will fight this with you in prayer and well wishes just like before. Dino will get through this hun just hang in there.

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks guys... Guess we're gonna run our own marathon around here. An 8 month long one, at least! We should have the med by the end of the week. The pharmacy already called me. She's been a little mopey the last couple of days. Not eating much. Her mouth is looking yucky. Probably doesn't feel real good when she's eating. :roll:

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Gave her the first dose of medicine last night. Her other eye is starting to look ucky now too. :roll: Putting ointment on that one now too. Put manuka honey around her mouth and SSD on the sore at the corner of her mouth. She's a mess already. Poor girl. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom