Digging

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Okay, so Nova is about 8 or 9 months and for the last several weeks, chris is convinced she's gravid because she is old enough and has been scratching to get out a lot more than usual and all around acting different. We decided to make a dig box, just to see if she likes it and to get her accustomed to it. (It's just calcium sand) well, she likes it. Alot. She dug in the corner of the box for a solid hour before getting out. Just digging into the corner til she reached the bottom and dug some more then got out for about fifteen minutes before getting back in to dig.

Repeat that process about four times and here she is, back in the box to just dig. I know they like digging but is that normal.? I don't think she's gravid, I don't feel eggs and she's not scratching the corners of her tank (unless she crawls somewhere to go to bed, she'll scratch a few times) and she's not eating more than usual.

Attachments

• 20230327_180927.jpg
    20230327_180927.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 85

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Beardies love to dig, even if they aren't gravid. Be careful though that she isn't ingesting that calcium sand. It can really hurt them, play sand is a better option.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Beardies love to dig, even if they aren't gravid. Be careful though that she isn't ingesting that calcium sand. It can really hurt them, play sand is a better option.
For the most part, she doesn't lick everything as much as she used to. She still does occasionally, but is fine with licking the air, too.😅

I just wanted to be sure, that process went on for two hours before she crawled on top of her hide and went to sleep.😅😅

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I think it's cute when they just randomly lick the air, especially if they are distracted and keep doing it

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
I think it's cute when they just randomly lick the air, especially if they are distracted and keep doing it
Ohmygod I love when they go to lick something but miss so they lick the air another three or four times and still miss everytime.😂😂

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I call mine goobers when i see them do that lol

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom