Digging in rain/shower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin797

Whenever it's raining hard and my beardie is near the window, he starts acting odd. He leaps towards the window and seems like he's trying to dig to get outside and play in the rain. I've never taken him out in the rain before - should I?

Anyways, today I thought I would let him sort of play in the rain. I started a shower and put him beside the falling water. He tried to get out for a few sections because he had to poop. After pooping, he decided it was time to go play in the falling water from the shower. He ran in there, closed his eyes and started digging again. He also kicked at his head a bit as if there was some stuck shed? He didn't seem happy and started developing a blackbeard so I took him out. As I was drying him off, he kept running away and trying to dig again - again, he was moving in the direction of the shower (which I thought was odd).

I put him back in his enclosure and he's acting like nothing happened.

Any ideas why he does this? Is this normal?

I don’t have an answer unfortunately, but weirdly enough, my beardie did the exact same thing when I let him try the shower. Exactly the same, except he scratched his back, and his bearded stayed orange the whole time, even though he seemed to not exactly enjoy it.
Hm.

-Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom