Digging in new enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Thanks for the advice, he has health insurance and is listed as a female. I understand health differences and will always let a vet know and I always bring it up in the forums if it could be relevant. I appreciate the concern but I don't think my dragon cares and I decided he would be my little boy named Clyde about 10 years ago when I was 13 and decided I wanted a bearded dragon; and again, I don't think he cares or has a concept of his own gender. Anyways, Clyde is not "a she." He is female.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hey that's great that you have insurance, Clyde doesn't know that either but it's good thing ! :) I think you made a typo on your first post when you said that she was 11.5 months old. Did you mean 11.5 years ? Easy enough to do, I know.

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Hey that's great that you have insurance, Clyde doesn't know that either but it's good thing ! :) I think you made a typo on your first post when you said that she was 11.5 months old. Did you mean 11.5 years ? Easy enough to do, I know.
Nope! I got him in January, I've just been planning on getting him for a very long time :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can but she's just as likely to lay them in the cave because she feels secure and can dig and scratch around. BTW, it's best to call her a she, if you take her to a vet that is not good at determining the gender [ which we see here at times ] and you keep calling her a male, that can end up with problems with charts + records and future health care for her as well as people answering here. Just a thought. :)
Also your vet should know whether its a he / she -- if they cant tell there is a problem

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

OH so your dragon is confirmed female then? They definitely can lay eggs anywhere they want to. If you feel
she could possibly be gravid, you can definitely make a lay box. Or, as AHBD stated, they will lay eggs in a blanket, too.
Brumation is a common thing that they do, this time of year also. Is her weight stable right now?

Tracie

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
I’m not sure, I can weight him again. Last time I forgot to write it down but it was around 350grams (not sure about that number though). Like I said last time he pooped was 9 days ago so I’m concerned about that, he’s not basking (unless i pick/wake him up and put him there). I’m feeding less because AHBD told me to, she said that if it’s brumation I can feed less but I’m worried about if it’s not brumation and if Clyde is gravid then shouldn’t I feed more?? I might just get an ultrasound so I know what I’m supposed to be doing with him, I don’t know how much that would be though. Right now my priorities are 1. get him too poop and 2. figure out why he’s eating less and how much I should be feed him. I made a new post with all the info and my main concerns too let me see if I can link to it. He is currently going his morning walk from his cool side log to his warm side hide <3.

Today I need to decide if i’m going to feed him and if I’m going to make him bask (or bathe) or just let him sleep.

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
HE HAS DECIDED TO BASK THIS MORNING <3 does this mean I should/can feed him more bugs?

Edit: very short bask, about 10 min. i wanted to give him something in case he tried to go back to sleep. he was very excited to eat 4 roaches and just licked the ground an then looked at me lol like he wants more so i’m going to go make a salad. hopefully he will bask more since he’s eaten.

Attachments

• E9E9ED1F-C1E0-4143-9D2C-FE37142FC3ED.jpeg
    E9E9ED1F-C1E0-4143-9D2C-FE37142FC3ED.jpeg
    236.4 KB · Views: 88
  • F45D63CC-A488-4DBB-B34C-DE0C36C360E0.jpeg
    F45D63CC-A488-4DBB-B34C-DE0C36C360E0.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
sorry for the massive amount of information, i am truly a helicopter parent to a fault. he started basking after eating too! :)

he is basking now and i am going to ditch my classes and go get him some fresh kale and green beans and see if he wants any :) as for the constipation, i’ll pick up some squash-based baby food.

should i still not feed him too much in case he keeps brumating later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom