Digging boxes. Permanent or temporary?

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Alex
Those of you with dig boxes. Do you keep it in permanently, or just when they want to dig? My little girl was all about the digging a couple months ago so I built her a nice box. Lately she’s been digging less and being more social. I assume I can remove it for now, but wanted to get a general idea. First female. The old boy didn’t care about digging but loved water so this is a bit different :)

7462B6BF-0EF6-400B-9908-82B269EF719C.jpeg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
If she isn't using it the floor space would probably be more useful. I've found mine get bored with them, i take them away for a while and it's like Christmas 🎄 when they get them back. 😁

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
F83188AA-929F-4A0B-B48A-72E032248865.jpeg
5DB65F99-8B21-43E3-8BFC-3447F2F22698.jpeg

That’s what I figured. Been working on landscaping around the house and found a broken drain pipe. Or the perfect new cave / basking spot :)

So I pulled the box out and cleaned the enclosure while she chased the Dubias that had been hiding behind it.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, look at her beardie belly! :)
She is lovely. A lot of people keep the dig or laybox in their tanks year around, but it can definitely
take up a lot of space!

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom