Difficulty Breathing

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
That's the thing..I can't bring to a vet or I absolutely would
Is there a specific reason why you can’t get her into a vet? It’s best to try and get her in as soon as possible, usually if something isn’t solved soon enough, it can get worse and worse, eventually killing her.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So sorry your dragon is having some trouble! Do you have any pictures of her, by chance, so
we can see her physical condition?
Is her beard black at all?
If this happened suddenly, my first thought is she ingested something toxic. Could there have
been something on the floor perhaps, some residue from a cleaner?

Tracie

Forrest T.

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pogona, Mulder, Scully, Falkor, Volka, Eli
Is there a specific reason why you can’t get her into a vet? It’s best to try and get her in as soon as possible, usually if something isn’t solved soon enough, it can get worse and worse, eventually killing her.
I don't have money, and I am very aware of that.. I'm worried sick, but she appears to be breathing fine
Perhaps she's sneezing? My family and I all had covid this past week, so could she have gotten it?

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
I don't have money, and I am very aware of that.. I'm worried sick, but she appears to be breathing fine
Perhaps she's sneezing? My family and I all had covid this past week, so could she have gotten it?
I don’t think bearded dragons can get covid. To me, it sounds similar to an RI.

Forrest T.

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I don’t think bearded dragons can get covid. To me, it sounds similar to an RI.
I have serrapeptase if that's the case, but I don't think it's a RI
She just started all of the sudden while roaming on the floor, but when I checked her throat I didn't see anything

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You can go ahead & keep her on the serrapeptase or start her back on it. Just in the case she could
be developing a respiratory infection, try to keep her a little warmer overnight to boost her immune
system.
Reptiles cannot catch a cold from humans, so no worries there.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Forrest T.

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hello,

You can go ahead & keep her on the serrapeptase or start her back on it. Just in the case she could
be developing a respiratory infection, try to keep her a little warmer overnight to boost her immune
system.
Reptiles cannot catch a cold from humans, so no worries there.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie
Thank you very much..I will

Forrest T.

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hello,

You are welcome! Let us know how things are going with her.

Tracie
Hey..it's me again
My other bearded dragon, Mulder, has been to the vet for an abscess in the back of his throat..the vet prescribed him some shots, and told us that if this abscess hadn't decreased in size by the end of the month, then it is likely something other than an abscess (cancer)
His doctor app is near, but I can tell he is hurting, as when he eats--I don't know, but he's my baby and I can tell
Is there anything I can give him for pain..I feel so bad

Thank you

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey..it's me again
My other bearded dragon, Mulder, has been to the vet for an abscess in the back of his throat..the vet prescribed him some shots, and told us that if this abscess hadn't decreased in size by the end of the month, then it is likely something other than an abscess (cancer)
His doctor app is near, but I can tell he is hurting, as when he eats--I don't know, but he's my baby and I can tell
Is there anything I can give him for pain..I feel so bad

Thank you
Let have Tracie our vet tech mod on here respond to that
@Drache613

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry to hear about Mulder, that is too bad. Did they run any tests on the abscess at all?
Is his beard dark right now?
For pain relief, you can try some serrapeptase which does seem to help with pain management,
swelling & inflammation. Did the vet not give anything for him to help with pain?

Tracie

Forrest T.

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hello,

Sorry to hear about Mulder, that is too bad. Did they run any tests on the abscess at all?
Is his beard dark right now?
For pain relief, you can try some serrapeptase which does seem to help with pain management,
swelling & inflammation. Did the vet not give anything for him to help with pain?

Tracie
No..the vet checked his throat for a few seconds, gave us shots we needed to administer every three days, and sent us on our way
I do have serrapeptase if that will help

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom