Difficulty Breathing

Forrest T.

Beardie name(s)
Pogona, Mulder, Scully, Falkor, Volka, Eli
My female bearded dragon just two days ago started gasping for air..I had her on the floor in my bedroom, and I was watching her, but all the sudden she started puffing up and gasping for air
I checked her temps and humidity, and they're perfect, so maybe she ate something while I wasn't looking?
If she did eat something, how do I help her?

Thank you

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My female bearded dragon just two days ago started gasping for air..I had her on the floor in my bedroom, and I was watching her, but all the sudden she started puffing up and gasping for air
I checked her temps and humidity, and they're perfect, so maybe she ate something while I wasn't looking?
If she did eat something, how do I help her?

Thank you
Can you open her mouth and look inside to see if there is something lodged in her throat

Forrest T.

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ok I am not sure why she would be gasping for air- was she doing this before you took her out of her tank oar after?
When she was running around on the floor, it started happening
She is still breathing, but sometimes gasping for air

Forrest T.

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Can you hear any clicking noises or see any mucous or bubbles in the mouth or nose ?
Nope..it's so weird
I know how to detect signs of a RI, but she doesn't seem to have any
When we checked her throat, we saw nothing, so I don't know what's wrong

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Is she over weight, or bloated? I have one thats been on meds that is bloated and she does that also.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
You need to find out why she is bloated, they can't breathe normally when bloated and gulp air. Mine had Coccidia, (according to the vet it caused the bloating, but after 2 rounds of meds she is still bloated and gulps also). I would recommend taking a fecal sample in for testing. Don't let them do an enema on her under any circumstances. Collect it yourself and get it to the vet within 24 hours.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you post a video of her breathing ? If it's still happening regularly it might be good for a vet to check her out, make sure nothing is stuck in her throat.

Forrest T.

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
You need to find out why she is bloated, they can't breathe normally when bloated and gulp air. Mine had Coccidia, (according to the vet it caused the bloating, but after 2 rounds of meds she is still bloated and gulps also). I would recommend taking a fecal sample in for testing. Don't let them do an enema on her under any circumstances. Collect it yourself and get it to the vet within 24 hours.
That's the thing..I can't bring to a vet or I absolutely would

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom