Difficult green to digest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
hi all :)
i have a question for ya :)
have any of yall found that a certain green is harder for your beardie to digest than other greens?
Blue is kinda picky about her greens ... she REALLY likes Kale, but she doesnt get it much, maybe a few leaves of it mixed in with her other greens once a month. She LOVES her collards and seems to have an affinity for Arugula and Mustards. Collards are by FAR her favorite. She a year and 3 months now, so her salad is much more appealing to her these days than from when she was younger. Thing is ... she BINGED on collards the other day and i mean like ... BINGED on them. ive never seen her eat ANYTHING that WASNT alive like that before in my life! i was like daaaaaaaaaaang Blue!!! et those greens! shocked me, ha!
Blue is great pooping machine, and her poop always looks great (yes i know that sound sick, but yall know what i mean :shock: )
She is diligent about her basking, her temps are right where i want them (an where she seems to like them too) ... she just has never had any sort of digestion issues at ALL. Then again ive never in my life seen her eat that MUCH salad!! Soooooo here's where the strange part come in ...
I took her out today for her normal soak, and she pooped in sink on cue, as always. that is usually her routine, i dont think ive cleaned any poop out of her viv in months ... shes a water pooper. so i thought, awesome, normal, ok cool.
I go back up maybe an hour later, and she pooped in her viv ... it was normal and healthy looking, so i cleaned that up and thought, well heck, go for it Blue, if ya gotta go, ya gotta go!!! let it out! :)
THEN ... maybe two hours later went up to check her temps with my temp gun, i do everyday, and there was THE BIGGEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN EVERRRRRRRRRRR on her basking platform. to be honest it didnt even LOOK like dragon poop. it was a BIG well formed cone shaped poop (no urate or water with this one, just almost a more dry poop) that was entirely cased in collard leaves. i called my finace up to look at and he was like WOAH!!
sooooooooooo ... that turned out to be longer than i expected sorrry!!!
ive just NEVER seen that before, but then again, she has never ate as much or as many greens in one day than she did two days ago. I filled her bowl up twice that day with collards, just collards, which is her main staple green. sometimes she gets a mix of greens, more often than not she gets her collards alone. we do mix it up for variety though.
anyone else ever had this issue? im not worried i dont THINK (????) ... just more like hmmmmm, and just baffled i think. lol, i mean i SHOULD have taken a picture of it ... GOOD DAY! any thoughts or anything like this ever happen with your beardies and greens?
THANKS YALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~Emily

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Nope, never had that happen, but then again Puff doesnt eat that many of her greens and what she does has to be hand fed to her! But I bet that was a shock!!! Hope she is well and thinks twice before eating that much again.
Good luck!
Kelly

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
@Kelly ... oh yeah, it was a shocker!!! maybe she wont gorge on hugely massive amounts of collards anymore. its like one week she eats them well ... and the next two weeks she's like "ummmm no. i will not. taketh them away!" ;) Thanks for the luck ... :) :) :) ... PS - Kira is a favorite name of mine (ever since the movie Xanadu) Beautiful NAME!

@trinity
ha! Blue's poops are a i suppose average size for an adult, it varies, normalish i guess?? lol. but this was CRAZY BIG like ... wow like im wondering how in the heckkkkk it came out of her. i checked her vent ofcourse to make sure all was well ... she looked really happy actually. now i know why!! i would be too! she pooped 4 times today and then THAT THING!!!

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Ha ha, I know this is gonna sound weird...lol...but you should have took a picture!! It is amazing how you can get so interested in poo!!! But you can tell so much about a dragon from it!! LOL!

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
ahhhhhhhhhh i know!!! after i flushed it i was like WAIT. why why why why did i not grab a pic of that?? oh just listen to us, we are sick sick people!!! teehee :) :) :)

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
yes we are! weirdos!!! hahahahahaha.
im hoping it was just because she ate way too many collards in such a short time, but maybe a little part of me is worried b/c i have never heard of anyone saying "oh man my beardie ate too many greens!" ya know? most people (including me) are usually like "oh man my beardie wont eat their greens!" the only time i have ever seen anything undigested in her poop were some pheonix worms that were so SO SO SO small compared to her size. and that was just one time. so im not really sure what the dealio is :?:
i guess technically if you scarf down too much of anything quickly some it is bound to "escape" the digestion process? i can see that happening more so with a vegetable/green more than meat/protein, so it makes SOME sense but not too much ... i just dont know and wondering how in the heck that came out of her.

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
If she is acting normal, I wouldn't worry too much about her...but you really should have took a picture!!

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
arrrrrrrg i know :banghead: :lol:
if it happens aain i will but goooooodness i hope it doesnt :shock:

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
yeah that is along my line of thinking .... it makes sense i suppose? you are probably right!

Suzan

YOU ALL ARE SOOOOO CRAZY!!! I HAVE BEEN SITTING HERE LAUGHING MY BUT OFF. :laughhard: :laughhard:
YOU AND ALL THE OTHER CRAZY'S HERE ARE GREAT AND I AM SO GLAD I FOUND ALL OF YOU. IT'S NICE TO LISTEN TO OTHERS THAT HAVE SOME OF THE SAME THINGS THAT I HAVE, BUT YOU GUYS TAKE THE CAKE. LIKE I SAID I AM STILL LAUGHING MY ASS (i hope i can say that) OFF I ughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :blob5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom