Status
Not open for further replies.

carpedraconum

Hatchling Member
Hello,

this is a close up of Draco
IMG_1504.jpg

IMG_1505.jpg

Draco's left eye is the standard amber/yellow, and his right eye looks solid black. Either that or his pupil is fully dilated all the time. I am just hoping my dragon is special or is this unique feature that occasionally happens. I just noticed how different the eyes looked, so I figured I'd ask around.

Thanks,

Drew

carpedraconum

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yes, he is a translucent, but I just find it funny that his one eye is black and the other is gold. Is it possible that his other eye will change? I like the different colors. It makes him special to me, besides him being my favorite dragon.

Drew

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Could be similar to cats or dogs with one green and one blue eye. :D
Does his sight seem fine from the side with the solid black? Does it look glazed or hazy?

carpedraconum

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
His vision seems great. He goes after crix on that side all the time and turns that way if the there is a sudden movement on that side as well. He seems to be fine with his vision. I was just wondering if this was something commo, a problem, or like huskies with one brown and one blue eye. If it's something that isn't a problem, I think its really interesting. I just wanted to know if any more experienced people have possibly seen this in any of their dragons. I really hope everything is fine since he still seems like he has perfect vision on that side.

Thanks,

Drew

carpedraconum

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
His vision seems great. He goes after crix on that side all the time and turns that way if the there is a sudden movement on that side as well. He seems to be fine with his vision. I was just wondering if this was something commo, a problem, or like huskies with one brown and one blue eye. If it's something that isn't a problem, I think its really interesting. I just wanted to know if any more experienced people have possibly seen this in any of their dragons. I really hope everything is fine since he still seems like he has perfect vision on that side.

Thanks,

Drew

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Then I would say it is genetics, like a husky, or other animals which have 2 different colored eyes. But, yeah lets see if someone else who is more experienced then I have an answer. Cute little pooper either way :D

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
Being a translucent means there is alot of genetic mess in there....lol
However if He is chasing food from that side I would say you have a dragon with 2 diff eyes.
Something different from the norm.

spyder79

Extreme Poster
there are many variations with the trans line. I have seen solid black eyes, one black one normal, both normal, one eye half black. Its just a trait of the line.

carpedraconum

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks a lot for the info. I just figured I'd ask to make sure it was a normal occurrence, otherwise I would have been worried. Thanks for the help and I am now relieved and a bit happy that Draco is now a bit more special to me.

Drew

everhood13

Juvie Member
It's called heterochromia. Several things can cause this. It is extremely rare. One possibility is that he had an injury in utero that effected his melanocytes in his eye. He may have a genetic mutation. The rarest of all possibilities is that he is a chimera. A chimera is a fused twin that happens early on in fetal development. The two organisms fuse into one organism with two distinct DNA patterns. He may have one DNA expression in one eye and another DNA profile expressed in the other. This may also cause uneven skin patterns or colors, but it is hard to tell. It's hard to tell even with DNA testing. Heterocromia and chimerism are universal throughout all animal species, including humans. At any rate, you have a special little guy there. :p

carpedraconum

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
wow, thanks for the help. That is all very interesting to learn. Kinda adds an extra bit to finding him now. he was always special being my first pet, but now he is my special little one. :mrgreen:

Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom