Diarrhea

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
What is your current schedule ?
so in the morning I give her fresh kale, then a couple hours in I give her 10 BSFL and a couple wax worms, and a horn worm, at night a couple hours before lights out she gets 6 or 7 dubias and a couple wax worms meaning 2 or 3 and a horn worm. The kale stays in there all day and I always have water in there for her. When i first got her she was with like over 20 other bearded dragons in a 60 gallon and they were all around 3 months and she looked like she wasnt the best at getting food with everyone else also trying to get food so I took her and have been trying to get some meat on her bones because i could feel her ribs and see them just picking her up but shes a lil thickkk now lol 4 months later so idk if thats to much food. please let me know.

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
Shes def a cutie and just wanna keep her healthyy :)

Attachments

• Snapchat-2049846390.jpg
    Snapchat-2049846390.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 51

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's a great diet, good that she eats kale because it's full of vits. + minerals. She does look like a big girl, I think she's listed at 17" on your profile so it sounds like you snatched her from starvation and put her on the gravy train. :)
I'd cut out the waxworms altogether and switch to feeding her the greens , dubia and maybe a hornworm as the earlier meal. Bsfl are good if you can be sure she chews + digests them. A very small meal at night or none is O.K because she has grown very quickly so doesn't need it now. I'd also cut the hornworms down to being a rare treat, once a month depending on how many you get at a time. Do you have a full body pic of her ?

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
That's a great diet, good that she eats kale because it's full of vits. + minerals. She does look like a big girl, I think she's listed at 17" on your profile so it sounds like you snatched her from starvation and put her on the gravy train. :)
I'd cut out the waxworms altogether and switch to feeding her the greens , dubia and maybe a hornworm as the earlier meal. Bsfl are good if you can be sure she chews + digests them. A very small meal at night or none is O.K because she has grown very quickly so doesn't need it now. I'd also cut the hornworms down to being a rare treat, once a month depending on how many you get at a time. Do you have a full body pic of her ?
okay! itll save me lots of money because of the variety i try and give her. and this is her right now as we speak. idk if these help

Attachments

• 20230207_195420.jpg
    20230207_195420.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 20230207_195701.jpg
    20230207_195701.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 20230207_195714.jpg
    20230207_195714.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 20230207_195329.jpg
    20230207_195329.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 51

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
ill stop buying the wax worms and maybe not get so many BSFL at a time and just get a little, ill start buying hornworms in a small quantity now and get them as a treat, there like crack to her so shes not gonna like that lol. and ill start getting more dubias, i have them on a subscription nkw for every 4 weeks for 200 but ill higher up the count since im cutting out a lot of things

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh wow, she's really big, you can def. cut out any second meal even though she's 7 months. You can save that extra money now and treat yourself to something or better yet, put it in savings . :)

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
Oh wow, she's really big, you can def. cut out any second meal even though she's 7 months. You can save that extra money now and treat yourself to something or better yet, put it in savings . :)
well ive been spending $120 a month on food for her no joke, and im going to college next summer so im really really trying to save up for a car so that will help tones narrowing down. Thank you so much!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, she does look really good, terrific colors. She has a great
home now, such a lucky girl.
Her diet is very diverse. At least she eats her greens then. Since
she is under a year, she can still have a good amount of protein but
you can start to limit her a bit on protein but just monitor her weight.
She should be just fine!

Tracie

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
Hello,

Wow, she does look really good, terrific colors. She has a great
home now, such a lucky girl.
Her diet is very diverse. At least she eats her greens then. Since
she is under a year, she can still have a good amount of protein but
you can start to limit her a bit on protein but just monitor her weight.
She should be just fine!

Tracie
How much should she weight around 7 months, and is there any way to tell shes overweight then ny weighting her, like are big fat pads a sign of overweight, and this was her this morning such a bougieee girll, and thank you so muchhh, I couldnt have asked for a better animal but I will say, google, petsmart, and petco everyone should not take this animal as a beginner animal, theres so much that goes into this little creature I dont think its beginner wise to me lol.

Attachments

• 20230208_114641.jpg
    20230208_114641.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 57

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
There isn't a set weight at each stage of life because they can have slightly heavier frames and also their length is a determining factor. Mollie is visually chunky, slightly overweight at 17" so that's why you can lower the amount of feeder insects and keep her from continuing on that trend. Can you weigh her ? They are better off not being overweight just like other animals and we humans. It's better for the joints , especially them living on some hard surfaces and doing a lot of climbing. It's also best for their liver, kidneys, heart, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom