Diarrhea

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardieSpark

My 8 month old beardie has been having terrible stools for a few weeks now. Watery diarrhea with some of it being formed but most of it is a huge puddle of just liquid. It smells just straight up awful!! His basking temps are about 90 degrees and we use the t5 uvb tube light that was recommended from someone on here. He is so picky with salads and will only eat kale, just kale. His staple insects are crickets. I have not given him kale for the past 2 days to see if that is the problem. He is still active when it’s time to eat and will bask most of the day. He’s always been a pretty lazy dragon.

any recommendations before I take him to the vet on what could be going on? Normal stool should be completely formed right?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Normal stool isn't always completely formed, but since this is a change from the normal, and has been going on for a few weeks it's probably worth having checked out. If it's smellier than usual (it's poop, so it's smelly in general) then it may be caused by parasites. A good vet will usually want to set up an exam and request a fresh (refrigerated if possible) sample to test for parasites. Generally, these cases respond well to treatment when combined with a thorough cleaning and sanitization routine. It's just a matter of testing it out to see what is causing the issue (if a parasite is present) and attack it with the appropriate meds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom