Diarrhea with no parasites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, for the last few weeks, Ollie has been taking medicine for pinworms (Panacur 10% .6 mL total) and I took a new fecal sample to the vet after he finished his last dose and they said it was negative for pinworms! However, he still has really bad diarrhea and I don't know what's wrong. His diet hasn't been changed lately and he's eating all his roaches, although he has slowed down a bit on his salad, which he usually scarfs down with gusto. Does anyone have any ideas about what could be wrong? I am also emailing his vet to ask.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You mentioned his diet has not changed any, is he drinking more fluids than usual, or not?
How long has he had the loose stools like this?
You can try giving some probiotics to see if that will help out his digestive system. Try non
dairy acidophiliz or non dairy organic soy yogurt (flavored or plain) either one, to help out.
What insects is he eating, other than roaches & what are you feeding the insects prior to him
eating them?

Tracie

kjworley19

Original Poster
He has actually never drank water on his own so I rinse his veggies before he eats them, so his fluid intake has not changed. He has had this issue for about two months now. Previously it was due to the pinworms, but I don't know why it has continued since. Unfortunately he only eats roaches and the occasional hornworms when I can get them. He eats 10-15 medium sized roaches each day, plus a lot of salad. The roaches eat carrots but I get them shipped to me twice a week so I usually don't have them for very long periods of time.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please go over the basking temps and his UVB brand and bulb coil or tube and where in the tank -- temps should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer
Karrie

kjworley19

Original Poster
His basking area varies between 100-105 depending on the temp of my room and his cool side is 80. He has a reptisun 10.0 UBV tube aver his basking area and a ZooMed 75W heat lamp.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your boy doing today?
Maybe you could add some squash to his diet, to see if that helps out any. Which greens are
you feeding, romaine or ice burg?
That's great he eats a lot of greens maybe too much possibly, so you could try cutting back just
slightly on them, or just not rinsing them as vigorously leaving too much water on them.
The Reptisun 10 is a tube bulb, correct?

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Is this a T 8 or a T 5 10.0 UBV tube --- distance and placement is crucial for UVB rays
Karrie

fcooper

Hatchling Member
kjworley19":wl951uoc said:
His basking area varies between 100-105 depending on the temp of my room and his cool side is 80. He has a reptisun 10.0 UBV tube aver his basking area and a ZooMed 75W heat lamp.
For instance, a young bearded dragon requires a basking area temperature of between 95°F to 110°F, with a cooler region of around 80°F to 90°F. Often low habitat temperatures coincide with loss of appetite.

kjworley19

Original Poster
The UVB bulb is a T8 tube. The greens he eats are collard greens or turnip greens, depending on what looks freshest at the store. I also give him either squash or zucchini depending on the day.He has actually been eating less of them lately and not finishing his whole dinner like he usually does.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Your T 8 needs to be inside the tank w/ no obstruction -meaning no screen and no clear plastic cover over the bulb - distance approx 6-8 inches under the UVB
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom