Dexter Has been Sleeping and not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero138

Hatchling Member
Our 8 month old dragon Dexter has been eating alot less and sleeping during the day more and more. Im just curious what you all think it might be?

We are worried about her, the only difference is we changed her heat light out with on of a lesser wattage for about a week till we could go get her the right one, but shes had the proper light for a week now and still is weird. Any Ideas?

Zero138

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She's eating greens, collard and mustard, some dandelion. And dusted crickets. We also feed red runners, she's only eating maybe 20crix a day if that

Rukii

Juvie Member
Alright, can you also tell us about your tank set up? What lights you have, the substrate, temperatures, accessories, stuff like that?

Zero138

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
422856dd.jpg

f28e5f15.jpg

79c395b4.jpg

af5de0db.jpg

We have a 100w bulb that puts her basking at 112
She also has a reptisun 10.0

Zero138

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No Other than sleeping and not eating as much no, well kinda, shes been spending more time on the cool side or under her hides.

Wow I sounded like an ***** there.
I have kinda noticed her spending more time on the cool side and alot less basking.

Rukii

Juvie Member
No worries :)

Does she seem to be getting ready to shed? And how old is your UV bulb? Sorry for the huge amount of questions. I'm just trying to get the best opinion :oops:

Zero138

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Nope, shes not getting ready for shed, i dont think so anyway, the UVB is coming up on 5 months. I have a new one but id really like to get 6 months outta this one. Even thought the damn box lies and says a year

Denduran87

Juvie Member
possible brumation from having the cooler light in there for a week? I think they are normaly older but i've heard of it happening at 8 months. Sounds like everything is normal and shouldn't stress too much. The beardie is eating just not as much as usual. as long as it stays hydrated and plumpish i wouldn't worry but i'm not an expert just my 2 cents.

Zero138

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I guess I have also noticed less poop in the tank but Shes not impacted. I'm guessing it's cause she's eating less

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom