Desperately seeking a new home for Spike

Hi everyone. This is my first time posting, so please excuse any missteps. I'm looking to rehome my son's very sweet 4-year-old female bearded dragon, Spike (yes, we named her before we knew the gender :)). I am happy to give the entire enclosure and lighting setup, along with Spike, to a caring home for free. She has a very sweet, expressive disposition. Unfortunately, my son has lost interest and I'd love to get her to a place where she gets more attention. We live outside of Washington DC and I'm willing to drive a decent amount of time to get her to a good home. Please let me know if you know someone or if you can point me in a direction to find a home.Thanks so much.

IMG_8103.JPG
IMG_8105.JPG
. .
IMG_8099.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8103.JPG
    IMG_8103.JPG
    187.7 KB · Views: 118

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mango
Hi everyone. This is my first time posting, so please excuse any missteps. I'm looking to rehome my son's very sweet 4-year-old female bearded dragon, Spike (yes, we named her before we knew the gender :)). I am happy to give the entire enclosure and lighting setup, along with Spike, to a caring home for free. She has a very sweet, expressive disposition. Unfortunately, my son has lost interest and I'd love to get her to a place where she gets more attention. We live outside of Washington DC and I'm willing to drive a decent amount of time to get her to a good home. Please let me know if you know someone or if you can point me in a direction to find a home.Thanks so much.

View attachment 68244 View attachment 68241 . . View attachment 68242
i would definitely adopt spike but unfortunately you're way to far from me :( if you were closer I would definitely fly out to get her/him whats your reason of rehoming him/her if you let me know I could definitely hook him up with a foster center near you

bstrack

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Spike
i would definitely adopt spike but unfortunately you're way to far from me :( if you were closer I would definitely fly out to get her/him whats your reason of rehoming him/her if you let me know I could definitely hook him up with a foster center near you
Shoot! We are looking to rehome because she doesn't get enough attention here. My son has, unfortunately, lost interest and i can't keep up with all she needs. She's honestly the sweetest thing and this breaks my heart, but I want her to have a better life. Any help you could give would be so appreciated.

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mango
Shoot! We are looking to rehome because she doesn't get enough attention here. My son has, unfortunately, lost interest and i can't keep up with all she needs. She's honestly the sweetest thing and this breaks my heart, but I want her to have a better life. Any help you could give would be so appreciated.
ok for sure i can look bc foster homes are normal taken by people who really care for the animal and they spoil them until they get adopted I put my guinea pig in a foster home before and they gave her spas and everything she was spoiled so foster homes are highly recommend by me

Xjrosie

Hatchling Member
Where are you located?

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
I

Im in the RVA area maybe I can take her. Just have a few questions.

Are there any known health issues?
Have she ever been to the vet for anything?
What is her current diet?
What size tank is she currently in?

Braxton.Medley

I would love to get in contact with you about shipping Spike, I don't want it to be any hair off your back so I am willing to cover shipping costs. If you shoot me a message we can talk about box size, dates and how we can really get all of this taken care of. Even if not me I hope your beardie ends up in a happy home and good luck.

rachelrussell

do you possibly still have her

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I know this is late but I wouldn't offer her for free. Animal hoarders + flippers can seem very kind but they end up looking for free stuff and trying to turn around + make $$ or just neglecting it themselves. Charging a fee makes it more likely to get a good home.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom