Deep heat projector for basking heat?

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Is it possible or good for the dragon to use a DHP for his basking heat along side my Arcadia t5? Or do I still need light? Just curious.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Is it possible or good for the dragon to use a DHP for his basking heat along side my Arcadia t5? Or do I still need light? Just curious.
You need a CLEAR bright white basking bulb - the dragon needs UV and the bright white bulb will provide that- a dhp is good for temps at nite if your tank is falling below 65 not for basking

AndyKandyKane

Beardie name(s)
Mango
You need a CLEAR bright white basking bulb - the dragon needs UV and the bright white bulb will provide that- a dhp is good for temps at nite if your tank is falling below 65 not for basking
His T5 has UV... The DHP offers IR/heat as well. Not sure why he would also need a bright white?

Last edited:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
T5s are pretty bright on their own, so adding the IR could work. I tend to still keep an incandescent bulb in the mix though. In my free roam setup, I have 3 bulbs side by side - incandescent BR40, Heat Projector, and MVB. I find that over the course of the day, Darwin kind of takes turns using each of them, so I think giving more options is the best route.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom