beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Hello again, everyone!

This month's theme is "Festive Beardies". So, pull out your cameras and capture those pictures of your bearded dragons celebrating the holiday season!

Submissions are being accepted from now through Wednesday, December 14th! Voting will be December 15th through December 21st. Winners will be announced on Thursday, December 22nd!

-- Please read all the rules/info below before posting/uploading --

How Do I Submit My Entry?​

Entries can be submitted by simply uploading them to the December Photo Competition media category. You must be registered and logged in to see the green "Add media" button.

Can I Submit a Photoshopped Image?​

Yes. In the past we had separate competitions between "unmodified" pictures and "photoshopped" pictures. We may return to that in the future, but for now, yes you may submit either an "unmodified" picture, or what that you've decorated up with your favorite photo editor!

How Many Can I Upload?​

Please limit your submissions to one photo per person. We used to allow one per dragon, but it felt unfair, in the context of a friendly photo competition, to those who only have one, while a few of you have 4-6 dragons. If you accidentally uploaded more than one photo, please delete the one(s) you didn't want to have submitted. Please, no collage images. This is too much like multiple pictures.

What Should I Post?​

Pictures of your beardie celebrating the festive holiday season!!! Please include pictures that only have your bearded dragon. Human hands/arms in the picture with your beardie will also be allowed. Ultimately, post whatever Festive Beardies picture you think other members will vote for!

What Should I NOT Post?​

Pictures that are not only bearded dragons. No people, cats, dogs, kids, etc. Please keep your submissions limited to bearded dragons! The exception is that human hands/arms can be in the pic with your beardie.

What If I Experience a Problem Uploading?​

Simply reply on this thread. I'll be watching it for any issues people have with the photo competition uploads.

What Do I Get If I Win?​

This competition is mostly just for fun and community! BUT...
  • First prize will get 1 year of ad-free access to the site (not compounded for prior winners, but will extend from date of new competition end).
  • Second prize will get 6 months of ad-free access to the site (not compounded for prior winners, but will extend from date of new competition end).
  • Third prize will get 3 months of ad-free access to the site (not compounded for prior winners, but will extend from date of new competition end).
  • First through third place will also all get a shiny banner/badge next to their name as a "Photo Comp Winner".
If you already enjoy ad-free access due to being an active member (more than 100 posts), I thank you for being a great part of the community, but there is nothing extra beyond the banner/badge.

I'm really looking forward to see what you all come up with! Good luck!

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
awwww man! of course that's smack dab in the middle of finals! gonna have to sit this one out. no time to get out any christmas decoration stuff.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Well, I may be eating my words. It was all good. Rocky even slept on my arm all night. He was running through the room this morning and he's been down for an hour. UGHHHHHHH. Would it be cruel if I take him anyways as we know he's basically napping and torturing my life!

beardie3

It isn't letting me upload anything after I press on add media :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221210-185210_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221210-185210_Chrome.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 20221210_184015.jpg
    20221210_184015.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 95

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
OMG I was so excited to come as I had some news to share, and I went to the uploads for the competition for the first time and I'm so glad that we can't vote yet. @xp29 I clicked on your photo first LOL- no favoritism, it looks like a gallery so I couldn't tell who submitted it. How cute is that picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love:

There are so many beautiful pictures! Creativity and handmade outfits at an all time high!:love:

Well, everyone knows I have a story with Rocky so I will just stay here as it's safer.

So as we all know, Rocky was sleeping. I asked him- yes, I asked him "Do you want to go with me?" See, if I put the carrier in front of the enclosure and he doesn't blink at me, it's all good.
I gave Rocky plenty of time so we didn't have to rush. A blanket and car heat to match the enclosure temp (it's only a 10 minute drive but it was freezing outside). I pulled the car to the door as close as I could from the house and to the store and made a dash for it.

I had a blanket to block the 2 seconds of wind so of course people assumed that I had a cat - I left Rocky inside of the carrier as I got him dressed with unruly pets all around me.* Rocky remained unphased (that's MY BOY)! Still unsure if he was going to cooperate, I had to decide between the hot cocoa chill outfit with the cricket (that I see was entered into the contest- great choice) or the Santa suit?

Well, Santa it is.... as it is his first year seeing Santa.

I pull Rocky out- his cuteness and element of surprise as he was a beardie got the place going wild. I smiled so big, I can't lie. Well until this guy says, "Do you have snakes too?" as he looks in the carrier. Yes sir, I carry snakes with my beardies! :cautious:

Rocky was happy (yet probably thinking, here we go again!)
Notice his happiness glow!
And Santa was excited. He began making jokes like- I want to get him close but not near the beard (ha ha)- whatever (ho ho)-

Rocky didn't want to let go of me to get to Santa but I said, "Please give him a moment, he's a lil spoiled."
I said, "Rocky, it's fine, I am right here" - gave him a hug and handed him off. I have no shame right. You hear the awwwwwwwwwws behind me.

So the result is what you see- then Santa says, 'Rocky matches me"- I said, I know so turn him around.
*Now I understand why Santa awarded Rocky the best behaved pet!
We then exit- no autographs this time. Rocky is hidden and dashes out. :ROFLMAO: I had Rocky home within 20 minutes total. No guilt. Rocky went right to sleep after so many hugs -
I had a feeling because he declined my reward of treats.
This was the best day for so many reasons.
Umm, did I mention? I had a fear of Santa since youth?! :oops:I obviously will do anything for Rocky.:love:

@beardie I hope I didn't screw up this thread. You know my excitement takes over.

Attachments

• 20221211_070702.jpg
    20221211_070702.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 93
  • 20221211_070753.jpg
    20221211_070753.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Wow that is awesome!!! I didn't know santa would do pets, now I'm jealous 😫 😔 lol😁😁

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Looks like the competition is steep for the holidays theme, I'm glad so many are taking part. All of the pics are great to!

beardie3

OMG I was so excited to come as I had some news to share, and I went to the uploads for the competition for the first time and I'm so glad that we can't vote yet. @xp29 I clicked on your photo first LOL- no favoritism, it looks like a gallery so I couldn't tell who submitted it. How cute is that picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love:

There are so many beautiful pictures! Creativity and handmade outfits at an all time high!:love:

Well, everyone knows I have a story with Rocky so I will just stay here as it's safer.

So as we all know, Rocky was sleeping. I asked him- yes, I asked him "Do you want to go with me?" See, if I put the carrier in front of the enclosure and he doesn't blink at me, it's all good.
I gave Rocky plenty of time so we didn't have to rush. A blanket and car heat to match the enclosure temp (it's only a 10 minute drive but it was freezing outside). I pulled the car to the door as close as I could from the house and to the store and made a dash for it.

I had a blanket to block the 2 seconds of wind so of course people assumed that I had a cat - I left Rocky inside of the carrier as I got him dressed with unruly pets all around me.* Rocky remained unphased (that's MY BOY)! Still unsure if he was going to cooperate, I had to decide between the hot cocoa chill outfit with the cricket (that I see was entered into the contest- great choice) or the Santa suit?

Well, Santa it is.... as it is his first year seeing Santa.

I pull Rocky out- his cuteness and element of surprise as he was a beardie got the place going wild. I smiled so big, I can't lie. Well until this guy says, "Do you have snakes too?" as he looks in the carrier. Yes sir, I carry snakes with my beardies! :cautious:

Rocky was happy (yet probably thinking, here we go again!)
Notice his happiness glow!
And Santa was excited. He began making jokes like- I want to get him close but not near the beard (ha ha)- whatever (ho ho)-

Rocky didn't want to let go of me to get to Santa but I said, "Please give him a moment, he's a lil spoiled."
I said, "Rocky, it's fine, I am right here" - gave him a hug and handed him off. I have no shame right. You hear the awwwwwwwwwws behind me.

So the result is what you see- then Santa says, 'Rocky matches me"- I said, I know so turn him around.
*Now I understand why Santa awarded Rocky the best behaved pet!
We then exit- no autographs this time. Rocky is hidden and dashes out. :ROFLMAO: I had Rocky home within 20 minutes total. No guilt. Rocky went right to sleep after so many hugs -
I had a feeling because he declined my reward of treats.
This was the best day for so many reasons.
Umm, did I mention? I had a fear of Santa since youth?! :oops:I obviously will do anything for Rocky.:love:

@beardie I hope I didn't screw up this thread. You know my excitement takes over.
Hahaj omg completely loved this read hahahah you made my morning lol

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Just remember to upload your chosen submission image to the Media Category. Attaching them here does not submit them for the competition. :)
I was sitting this out. Did you SEE the competition? I am just happy to be a part of this family and share my story! As I am not creative, I am going to get a professional photographer, backdrop and props in motion :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
But it looks like it'll have to be a spring or summer event when Rocky is at his best (aka awake)!

Groggyfroggie

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Draco
OMG I was so excited to come as I had some news to share, and I went to the uploads for the competition for the first time and I'm so glad that we can't vote yet.
Cuteness overload! I can’t put an entry for this one cuz I’m busy this time of the year, but I love seeing everyone’s beardie photo :love: I love that Rocky got to meet Santa

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Thank you everyone...Rocky has been asleep ever since! Well, he looks at me from under his hide and then resumes sleeping. Rocky hasn't come out since the picture was taken.
I can't complain as I am sooooooo grateful I got that shot. For this being his first Christmas and my first beardie, I got lucky!

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Both Devlyn and Quetzal are sleeping, but Quetzal can't quite figure it out. I may have to put him in his cave and tell him to play abominable snowman. Devlyn is the Scrooge, no Xmas ever

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom