December 2021 Photo Competition details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillbillyfairy

Photo Comp Winner
WHERE IS THE "LIKE" BUTTON! I tried posting this on Facebook and it's a mess.
Hey there everyone!

We're happy to announce the return of our bearded dragon photo competitions!

This month's theme is "Fun and Festive!" to kick off the holiday season. So, pull out your cameras and get some fun and festive pictures of your bearded dragons!

Submissions are being accepted from now through December 15th! Voting will begin December 16th through 23rd. Winners will be announced on December 24th!

How Do I Submit My Entry?​

Entries can be submitted by simply uploading them to the December Photo Competition media category. You must be registered and logged in to see the green "Add media" button.

Can I Submit a Photoshopped Image?​

In the past we had separate competitions between "unmodified" pictures and "photoshopped" pictures. We may return to that in the future, but for now, yes you may submit either an "unmodified" picture, or what that you've decorated up with your favorite photo editor!

How Many Can I Upload?​

Please limit your submissions to only one photo per bearded dragon. If you have 2 dragons, you may submit two photos... If you have 3... well, you get the idea! :)

What Should I Post?​

Fun and festive pictures of your bearded dragons, of course!!! Please include pictures that only have your bearded dragon. Dressed up, with festive decor, with a menorah, or wearing a Santa hat! Ultimately, whatever festive picture you think other members will vote for!

What Should I NOT Post?​

Pictures that are not only bearded dragons. No people, cats, dogs, kids, etc. Please keep your submissions limited to bearded dragons!

What If I Experience a Problem Uploading?​

Simply reply on this thread. I'll be watching it for any issues people have with the photo competition uploads.

What Do I Get If I Win?​

This competition is mostly just for fun and community! One of the new features on the site is "trophies" when you achieve certain things (such as a certain number of posts on the site). There will be a special trophy for Photo Competition Winners (1st, 2nd, and 3rd place). In addition, you'll get a special "badge" next to your name when you post (similar to how I have "Administrator" and "Moderator"), as a "Photo Comp Winner".

I'm really looking forward to see what you all come up with! Good luck!

Betty53218

Hatchling Member
I was just wondering this myself. The pics show the like buttons when all in order, but if you look at them separately, there's no like button in view.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Uh oh! Are you all on mobile phones or on desktop computers?

If mobile... try to turn phone horizontal to be able to tap the "<<" for media info and "Like" option.

IMG_B46641261427-1.jpeg

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Just had to play around with the new format
It definitely is taking some getting used to. They pack so many features into this new system that sometimes it isn't always obvious as to where they are.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Actually I found a couple that wouldn't display a Like at all....
So, some do and some do not display the like? Are you able to take a screen shot so I can see which screen you're seeing and the layout?

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Oh! Hrmmm... it looks like the system doesn't let you like your own. Hrmmm. I knew that, but didn't think about how using the "reactions" (likes) to vote would affect the photo comp in that way.

Hillbillyfairy

Photo Comp Winner
Oh! Hrmmm... it looks like the system doesn't let you like your own. Hrmmm. I knew that, but didn't think about how using the "reactions" (likes) to vote would affect the photo comp in that way.
Well, I tried seeing the Like on mine without being signed in; the way a person might if they were asked to vote for a certain dragon but didn't belong to the forum. Not there.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Well, I tried seeing the Like on mine without being signed in
Reaction are not enabled for anonymous visits. Guests are limited to read-only access on the site (other than the contact form for support issues). So voting is forum members only. In the past with our old Photo Competitions the same applied with the "polls" voting method. I'll add a note to the top of the competition album/category to point out you must be logged in to vote.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Hello all... the winners have been announced here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom