Dead beardie?

Nm42069

Male beardie of unknown age. We found her lying limp on the floor of her enclosure with liquid vomit around her. She's been having a hard time lately, she just recovered from an infection. She had a meal of critical care herbivore mush today and threw some of it up earlier, but was behaving normally and was very active, even after her bath. However, when we found her tonight she's limp with a black beard and won't respond. We're warming her up now but is it too late?

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
What is the temps in the cage, does she appear to be dehydrated, and before the mush what were they eating?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is always a terrible sight to have to see, I am so sorry.
Is she still the same this evening?
If she isn't breathing & you aren't seeing any movement, etc then she is most likely gone.

Let us know what has happened & if she is still with you or not.

Tracie

Nm42069

Original Poster
Thank you all for your concern and help :( unfortunately this morning Oatmeal is quite stiff and very obviously dead.

Oatmeal was actually my partner's and he's feeling her loss, if there's any tips you have for giving Oatmeal a nice send off and helping ease the pain that would be great.

He loved her so much and took very good care of her after somebody abandoned her on a driveway several years ago. We think she may have been older than we thought or had an underlying health problem.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thank you all for your concern and help :( unfortunately this morning Oatmeal is quite stiff and very obviously dead.

Oatmeal was actually my partner's and he's feeling her loss, if there's any tips you have for giving Oatmeal a nice send off and helping ease the pain that would be great.

He loved her so much and took very good care of her after somebody abandoned her on a driveway several years ago. We think she may have been older than we thought or had an underlying health problem.
I am so sorry and you found him in a driveway? --- terrible thing but I am so glad you rescued him -- at least he had caring people that took him in and gave him love -- again I am sorry --- they do become attached to our hearts -- ❤️

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Yes they do. I have lost one dragon and I was heartbroken (he wasn't mine but I took care of him for about two years before I had to give him up because my mom's Friend wanted him back

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh so sorry, Oatmeal was well loved. I am so sorry for your loss, it is never ever easy losing
a precious dragon.:cry:

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom