Dartanyan won't let me hold him

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I agree, anything i offer that is firm i cut into really thin slices and try to hand feed, I'm successful about 1 outta 20 trys. They are the most stubborn creatures on earth i think. Sometimes if im feeding hornworms i can roll the greens to resemble the hornworms and trick them into eating them, sneaky but you gotta do what ya gotta do lol

Dartanyan

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dartanyan
Hello, I cleaned Dartanyans terrarium and he loves this tree that he can hide in, but today he's been in it all day sleeping and not eating much, should I be worried? He has never did this before.

Dartanyan

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dartanyan
Hello, is it normal for Dartanyan to sleep in his hide all day? He's never done that before, I checked on him and he's looking up at me like put my tree down I'm sleeping, lol... But it's making me nervous

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
How old is he now? They will occasionally have lazy days. If its just now in then it isn't a problem, but if it becomes a habit something may be off with your setup or with his health. As long as he still eats ok and is hydrated he is probably fine. Keep an eye out for black bearding, or watery eyes, sunken eyes, snot bubbles or crusty nostrils ect. Those are all sone indicators of him being sick. Weight loss is as well.

Dartanyan

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dartanyan
How old is he now? They will occasionally have lazy days. If its just now in then it isn't a problem, but if it becomes a habit something may be off with your setup or with his health. As long as he still eats ok and is hydrated he is probably fine. Keep an eye out for black bearding, or watery eyes, sunken eyes, snot bubbles or crusty nostrils ect. Those are all sone indicators of him being sick. Weight loss is as well.
He's 12 month's, thank you... I will watch him closely

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
He's 12 month's, thank you... I will watch him closely
Rango went through a lazy/sleepy faze for about 1-2 mo and nothing health wise was wrong with him. Now he got these bigggg burst of energy and won’t sit down.

Dartanyan

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dartanyan
Yea, same with Dartanyan.....i cleaned his cage and put some more vines in there, and he was so excited, he had what I call his AMAZING SPIDER MAN MOMENTS, lol.... Cause he was jumping and leaping and have a grand ol time, and now he's been in his tree/hide all day, so maybe he's just having a lazy day

Dartanyan

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dartanyan
Hello it's me again, lol... I have another question, is 120° to hot for Dartanyan? He's in a 60 gallon tank, I bought a new basking light because the other one blew out and I accidentally bought a 100 Watt bulb instead of a 75 Watt bulb.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
yes. max for babies is 110° and juvies/adults are usually around 95°

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom