Darn ceiling fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJean

Extreme Poster
It seems neither of my dragons enjoy the ceiling fans. When I have them on, they both hide and constantly look up. That really stinks because we got new windows put in and I enjoyed having them open. ;) But it is too hot in here without the fans on.

Do any of you find this problem?

atreyu917

Juvie Member
haha no but thats kinda funny. The only thing my two seem to be scared of is when our dogs come running up haha

Kelsey

LJean

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
All that money for new windows, and I have to close them and put the ac back on, LOL

atreyu917

Juvie Member
If the beardies demand it, then it shall be so. haha.

I'm lucky with my boy. He is so laid back. Never been scared of much, and he has always loved going outside etc.

Yoshi on the other hand, hates the dogs and is easily startled when outside, so I hardly bring her out for fear she might run off or something.
silly beardies

LJean

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Oscar is so laid back that he is nothing but a lump of beardie spikes. :D But he hates outside, a bath, his veggies, pooping in his viv and the ceiling fan.

Calypso seems to be his opposite, except for the ceiling fan. And here I was so happy that after putting her in my office (where my computer is) she seemed more active. She loves looking at the computer screen, LOL Then I did the evil thing and turned on the ceiling fan. Unfortunately, it took me two days to figure out what her problem was, LOL

atreyu917

Juvie Member
that's so weird because my friends are about half and half. half own females, the other half males. And it seems like all our males are dumpy, slow, and relaxed but our females....WHOLE OTHER STORY. Yoshi is a complete 180 from Dave. She is so fiesty and unrelenting. She dislikes being held. She will allow you to take her out and put her down but DO NOT try and grab her! haha.

Dave will allow you to touch him anywhere. If you touch Yoshi's mouth or nose she opens her mouth, beards you, and hisses. She's a little 5 month old devil woman! haha. I love her anyway, I'm sure she'll calm down haha.

Dave hates pooping in general i think. He struggles a bit and smears it when he poops in the cage, but he does a little dance and goes all pale but black beards when he poops in the water. haha. HE also hisses when he poops. Makes me laugh.
But other than that he tolerates EVERYTHING. Could ask for a better dragon. The only veggie/fruit i cant get him to eat was starfruit, but he was absolutely discusted by that though. haha

Kelsey

LJean

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I see, so boys are calm and cool dragons and girls are a spaz and mean. hmm.. You think I would have figured that out since I have a daughter and my best friend only has boys, LOL

I did not want a girl dragon. Calypso was supposed to be a boy. Come to think of it, my daughter was supposed to be a boy too, LOL!

hayl55

Juvie Member
Really? I found that my Lilly, is active but very liad back..she will let anyone touch her anywhere..she loves being out of her cage and esspecially loves to snuggle up and sleep beside her daddy ( my bf) Where as my Male, hes tempermental. he will sometimes go haywire and run all over the place, blackbearding his own reflection and attacking the glass, adn then other times hes a big suck and just wants to cuddle up and sleep in a nice warm blankey... I guess I have two crazy beardies! Hahahahaaa...but I love them both, My Lilly is my princess and Tank, hes turning into a prince..I think he needs a litle more work yet though :) but hes deffinately on his way

jeitzen

Juvie Member
I just moved Lizzy into my bedroom and I have a ceiling fan in there. I have not noticed her paying attention to it.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Pookie used to be afraid of the ceiling fan too. He used to duck every time I turned it on, then would stare at it for what seemed like forever to be sure that it wasn't going to come down and attack him.

Now, he'll just look at it for a few seconds then pay no attention to it until I turn it off, when the blades start to slow down.

george101

Thats interesting. My beardie, George, isn't really afraid of anything. The cat got a little to close and George almost sliced her nose.

Dmatt

Well, I guess since they are food for birds in the wild it only seems reasonable that they would be leery of something that circles above them.

Poor little beardies

LJean

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Dmatt":25f66 said:
Well, I guess since they are food for birds in the wild it only seems reasonable that they would be leery of something that circles above them.

Poor little beardies

That is what I was thinking, but they will still have to get used to the fans.

jeitzen

Juvie Member
Yesterday when I got home I turned on the ceiling fan and watched Lizzy for a while. I think she must be used to the fan by now, because she was just giving me the "feed me now!!!" look. I think you hit it on the head, that they might associate the fan with a bird.

Mommy of Sunny

Juvie Member
Sunny was running around the living room last night and glanced up at the fan, but didn't seem to bother him. He is pretty laid back, but does not like Casper (my tiel) or going outside. Birds really bother him. Even though he is bigger than all 3 of my birds!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom