Dark urate

Beardie name(s)
LJ
My bearded dragons poop is really runny and today her urate looked darker than normal. I’m really concerned but the vet said they can’t get me in for an emergency. Please help

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My bearded dragons poop is really runny and today her urate looked darker than normal. I’m really concerned but the vet said they can’t get me in for an emergency. Please help
Please post a pic of the poop -- we can better help

nocontextlizard

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
LJ
Please post a pic of the poop -- we can better help
D0250018-2B45-435B-A68F-64DBE951C68E.jpeg

I saved it so I can take it with me to the vet

nocontextlizard

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
LJ
When is your vet appt? They usually want 24 sample- what are you feeding for worms? The poop looks like it almost had undigested worms or their outer shell- what are your basking temps and how are you taking them ?
Basking temp is usually 98-105 degrees. What do you mean how am I taking them?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
She’s had superworms and meal worms recently
That's what I am seeing - how old is the dragon? I recommend no meal worms- till they are close to a year or older- mealworms exoskeleton is too harsh on younger ones stomachs- super worms should be fed every other day or couple - and I would only feed 1-3 then

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes! It has two probes. I made sure with vet it was the right one and ditched the sticks ons months ago!
Ok good deal- so I would cut the meal worms out---watch the poop the next few days- see if it gets better- are you feeding salads?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiamYe
Top Bottom