Dark spot on beard

Status
Not open for further replies.

surrah

Hi!
I noticed a few weeks ago, my beardie had this dark cluster of scales on her beard and it seemed to have this whitish part hanging off that just looked like shed or old skin or something. It fell off and the dark spot seemed to be less noticeable, so I brushed it off. Now it's getting dark again, so I'm curious as to what it could be - hopefully nothing serious. She's a little camera shy, so it was hard to get a picture, so I hope this helps. Any info would be appreciated. She's my first beardie and I've had her for a few years, so I'm learning as I go.
111158-5081331297.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it is a small patch of damaged scale but I've seen this in one of my own and other dragons here. It's generally not harmful at all, I've never seen any problem with any that I've seen but just keep an eye on it. You can use a 50/50 or a little weaker bit of betadine + water [ from a drug store ] or chlorhexidine or silver sulfa cream. A bit of raw unpasteurized honey would do good as well but it's very sticky and you need to be sure there are no loose insects in the tank. I'm sure it will be fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom